Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sold My Car :(

ricomr2

Yep, its a sad day but i had to sell up for something more practical.

So its new owner is coming up from London on sunday to collect it along with a fist full of dollars!

I got what i was looking for and its going to a good home (the buyer just sold an mr2!)

Havn't fully made my mind up on my next car but it looks like its going to be this....

568586_67_full.jpg

Yes i know the Badge is the wrong shape and yes i know its a Fiat but i've always fancied one and 226bhp is not to be sniffed at! (even if its being driven from the wrong end!)

Oh and its got room for a baby seat! :D

Its a 20v turbo, done 76k and has all the toys including 4 pot brembo's up front and huge 300 odd mm discs!!

A mate of mine is having a look at it thru the week and i'll most likely have it for monday if all goes well...

Hope i'll still be welcome around here :unsure:

noooooooooooo!

I've had a couple of friends with them - and apparantly nothing major goes wrong - but there are so many electrical gremlins it will drive you nuts!

Lol...I've had loads of Fiats in the past and know all about there little "gremlins"

The cars been very well looked after so i'm not too worried...

nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not fiat, its little problem after little problem...

oil leak, Switches not working, seals come loose, dash unclipped

Fix

It

Again

Tomorrow

cant belive your leaving us rico, and then theres Jim and the 'liner,

whatever next!

Ok, so put your hand up if you have ever actually owned a fiat...

I've had loads and yes the early cars are fairly shoddy build quailty wise but this is not an old car.

My fiancee has a punto which is nothing but reliable, it'll lie for weeks unused and start instantly every time.

And besides, i havn't decided to buy it yet and i wont be if its falling to bits!!

Fix

It

Again

Tomorrow

cant belive your leaving us rico, and then theres Jim and the 'liner,

whatever next!

lol... heard that one loads when i was working my way through the fiat range in the 90's :D

i'll still be about mate...Watching ;)

oooh.. so you sold it... cool... I suppose... lol.

One less mr2 in Gala.... :) ... well at least till I shift mine, then I won't care. :)

as i said - i've had friends with Fiats - which has meant I have never bought one ;)

I'm not saying they are bad cars - just the guys with the Coupe's seemed to have more problems than most..

oooh.. so you sold it... cool... I suppose... lol.

One less mr2 in Gala.... :) ... well at least till I shift mine, then I won't care. :)

Yep, he emailed me this morning to confirm he's defo taking it.

as i said - i've had friends with Fiats - which has meant I have never bought one ;)

I'm not saying they are bad cars - just the guys with the Coupe's seemed to have more problems than most..

No worries, i'm going to hang about some coupe forums over the next few days and see what they say about them, probably the most honest replies i'll get about the cars ;)

Ok, so put your hand up if you have ever actually owned a fiat...

My brother had the fiat punto, not the lasest mk but the one before that and it was the most annoying car ever to own, constnaly getting little things replaced, saying that my mums old brava never had any problems :)

sad to see it go mate , looked like a lovely motor. i like the fiat also, theyre canny quick!, go for it!

im sure you will still be welcome on this forum! :yes:

Ah well Rico! :(

Still coming along to the meets then or what? What happened about getting a Celica or my Yaris? :P

nah... he's an outcast now... lol.

That will be TWO of you soon!! :D :D

Nice car Rico, Played with one before we got our Toy, Loved it :thumbsup:

No worries, i'm going to hang about some coupe forums over the next few days and see what they say about them, probably the most honest replies i'll get about the cars ;)

Youre jokin mate?! They'll be completely bias but the other way!

Not my cuppa tea but each to their own, sure you;ll still show your face?!

:thumbsup:

Nooooooooooooooooo! It's NOT a practical car!! ALL French and Italian cars have cr@p electrics. Don't say we didn't warn you!!

I actually looked at getting one of those before I got the 2. Nice motor, good power, made of tin so are nice and light :P I'd really consider something else though if you want practicality.

I drive a Peugeot on a daily basis and know first hand how bad the cars are built and the poor electrics. All of our company cars are Peugeot and you really hear some horror stories, and these cars are all less then 4 years old!! Same with Renault, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Ferrari, etc etc.

Just make sure you got good breakdown cover :thumbsup:

Good luck

Joe

Ah well Rico! :(

Still coming along to the meets then or what? What happened about getting a Celica or my Yaris? :P

I'll still be at the meets mate,and i'll still be hanging about here.

still not made up my mind yet on the coupe but like i've said, i've loads of fiats and pretty much know them inside out so i'm not worried about little niggles.

Plus i'm pretty handy when it comes to reparing cars so its not like i'll be spending any money on garage repairs.

Cheers for all the comments and warnings peeps, i'll be going over whatever i buy with a fine tooth comb! ;)

Nice car mate. These are meant to be really fast motors mate. There is one around the corner from me and i must say it looks the dogs mate. Red with gun metal alloys.

Also fitted with a performance exhaust which sounds really nice too. Sorry to see that you have sold the mr2.

Once you have it mate stick some pictures up so we can all see mate. And of course you will be always welcome here mate :yes:

jerry!!

Cheers Jerry.

My mate is going to have a look at it tomo night and he'll tell me yes or no.

The one near you will be the limited edition they did at the end of the coupe's life, it had the darker wheels, a full abarth bodykit and vented grooved and drilled front discs...Rare and expensive!

Official figures for the one i'm looking at is 226bhp and a massive 310 nm of torque at 2500rpm!!

0-60 is about 6 seconds if you can get grip from the front tyres!!

So not bad....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links