Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bought Some New Toys

GiJoe90

Got my Revision 6 engine fan kit today, very nice it is too. Seeing as I am probably the worst auto electrician ever, I'm after some help.

I want to connect the fans to come on with the intercooler fan, so the instructions say connect wire to 12v trigger........anyone know what wire this may be?

It also says for the permanent 12v feed, connect wire to positive terminal in fuse box. I presume I can use the fuse box in the engine bay?

I've also bought a combined boost, oil temp guage. Any ideas where I can get the feed for this. Could I use the feed from the cig lighter?

Thanks for any help

Joe

There is a big 12v terminal in the fuse box in the engine bay, drill a hole in the bottom of the box and lead the cable out that way.

There should be a trigger with the origional thermostat (in the middle of the stock engine lid).

I'd not use a ciggy lighter, and what's the feed for? The lighting? If so tap it into your dash lights (so they go on/off at the same time).

Where are you going to tap the oil feel into? The boost one is noddy to do - load of wind screen washer hose from halfrauds needed ..

...along the same lines...

Where would I take a feed from for an oil pressure guage (capiliary type)? :blink:

I think you can tap into the stock oil pressure sender which is the pipe just below where the BOV is.

There is a big 12v terminal in the fuse box in the engine bay, drill a hole in the bottom of the box and lead the cable out that way.

There should be a trigger with the origional thermostat (in the middle of the stock engine lid).

I'd not use a ciggy lighter, and what's the feed for? The lighting? If so tap it into your dash lights (so they go on/off at the same time).

Where are you going to tap the oil feel into? The boost one is noddy to do  - load of wind screen washer hose from halfrauds needed ..

Cheers Ben

So I can tap into the trigger that sits on the engine bay lid then for the fans?

I presume you put the boost sensor on the pipe from the intercooler back to the manifold? Do you use jubilee clips to secure the inserted Halfrauds washer hose?

The feed for the dial is because it's a digital display and lights up too.

Think I need a oil temp gauge adaptor to screw the sensor into, not quite sure so might leave that one to the experts!! :)

Joe

I think you can tap into the stock oil pressure sender which is the pipe just below where the BOV is.

Mine is oil temp. Any ideas?

Joe

If it's digi, the ciggy lighter for the dials, and then the lights on the dash for the rest (so then it'll light up with the dash ;) ).

There is a small diagnostic thing bolted to the drivers side boot wall in the engine bay .. tap into that hose ..

Not sure which is the trigger for the temp, but Patrick or Matt (@ Rogue) should be able to sort you out on that ..

If it's digi, the ciggy lighter for the dials, and then the lights on the dash for the rest (so then it'll light up with the dash ;) ).

There is a small diagnostic thing bolted to the drivers side boot wall in the engine bay .. tap into that hose ..

Not sure which is the trigger for the temp, but Patrick or Matt (@ Rogue) should be able to sort you out on that ..

It only has one feed so will light up when it's on as well as display the info (can use menu to switch off backlight)

Not sure what you mean there mate. I know where the diagnostic box is but I thought it was all electric? You got any pictures of which hose your boost sensor is on?

Joe

open the engine bay .. stand on the drivers side .. there will be hoses from the TB to a diagnostic box (not the main one) bolted to the boot wall .. little rubber hose, it's there you need to take the air feed from ;)

open the engine bay .. stand on the drivers side .. there will be hoses from the TB to a diagnostic box (not the main one) bolted to the boot wall .. little rubber hose, it's there you need to take the air feed from ;)

Cheers Ben, I'll have a look when I get me car back. Haven't got a picture have you?

Joe

Nope .. :)

dean1.jpg

Found a picture but I think the sensor I have is for a larger hose?

sensor.jpg

Oil temp sensor on the left, boost pressure sensor on the right. It's an SPA gauge btw.

Joe

it's the blue hose that has been tapped in ;)

The oil temp looks like a standard size .. not a clue what the other is ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links