Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Would You Buy ?

Jimlad

*would be boring.... I'd save it... and put it with the sale money from current car.. and buy...

Either a rev5 Cosmos blue Mk2 MR2 (and Tubby it!)

or

A mk3 MR2 and tubby it.... :P

:P hehehe

In all honesty I would buy a MK2 Supra (black) or a Sera :drool: but it would have to be black or possibly blue or maybe purple. I would want to keep with the Toyota family. :group-cuddles:

Had another thought :bye: I wouldnt mind a gen 5 GT4 or even another GT-R. But I would not get a gen 5 GTi.

Celica GT4 ST205.... no doubts in my mind if i had that money and could afford the insurance and running costs.

Why not a GTO/3000GT :drool:

Ones one I spotted earlier:

A.Trader Mitsi GTO - Clicky

Just gotta keep your eye on the electrics :rolleyes:

Another beached whale!! :D I think I'd rarther have a 300zx out of those 2. Ever tried changing the spark plugs on a GTO?? ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

The 3000GT VR-4 is a good saturday night cruiser, but since it weighs more than Madagascar, they're a bit mushy for high-speed work :|

Also, the engine is mounted east-west and is based on the same engine from my minivan :|

Who wants that?

The 3000GT VR-4

Are your ones in the UK badged 3000GT? The Americans seem to call it that as well.....our ones from Japan are all badged GTO.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

We called it the 3000GT probably because there was a Pontiac GTO years ago (and there is again now in the form of a rebadged Holden Monaro)

The 3000 GT was also sold as a Dodge Stealth here.

They came with 3 engine choices, all 3.0 V6's.

A SOHC version with about 160 bhp, a 24v DOHC version with about 200 bhp and a twin-turbo DOHC version with I don't know how much, probably about 230. I think only the Mitsubishi branded version got the twin turbo option, that one was called the 3000 GT VR4

I'd probably buy a Stealth R/T before a VR-4 anyway.

All of the important bits are there, and none of the silly stuff. No adjustable wings or exhausts and other doodads.

We called it the 3000GT probably because there was a Pontiac GTO years ago (and there is again now in the form of a rebadged Holden Monaro)

The 3000 GT was also sold as a Dodge Stealth here.

They came with 3 engine choices, all 3.0 V6's.

A SOHC version with about 160 bhp, a 24v DOHC version with about 200 bhp and a twin-turbo DOHC version with I don't know how much, probably about 230. I think only the Mitsubishi branded version got the twin turbo option, that one was called the 3000 GT VR4

We get the NA & TT versions...both badged as the GTO but one has the TT on it :)

165 kw's for the NA & 205 kw's for the TT (gentlemans agreement in Japan etc.) 6G72T engine. They definitly have great power etc. I know there are differences between the US & J-spec ones with regards to the turbo's themselves...j-spec got ceramic where as US got steel.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

See now this is where the different names get tricky......for us a VR-4 is a Galant, 2.0 ltr single turbo :blink:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

A SOHC version with about 160 bhp

We don't get these....didn't even know they existed. What's the engine code?

Cheers

KiwiMR2

See now this is where the different names get tricky......for us a VR-4 is a Galant, 2.0 ltr single turbo :blink:

Cheers

KiwiMR2

We had a Galant VR-4 for a while too, but they stopped selling it :( We had the Galant VR-4, and the 3000GT (GTO) VR-4 and its stripped-down Dodge sibling. I think those were the only 2 VR-4s they sold here.

I would buy a Subaru and drive it back and forth in front of Karma Supra's house all day and all night long. :lol:

If you drove on the road outside his drive, he'd never hear you .. too far away ..

I know of a Silver Evo 2 for sale Jim .. good power and light and none of the naff electronics ;)

I know of a Silver Evo 2 for sale Jim .. good power and light and none of the naff electronics

I saw a silver one for sale in Scotland as well....was gonna post it last night.

1994 Lancer Evo II GSR

73000KMs approx 45000 miles

MOT april 06 and tax aug 05

VGC throughout

Queen Silver Pearl

17" Alloy wheels

Panasonic CD Tuner with remote control

Cat 1 alarm

Mitsubishi Trackstar tracking device.

Totally standard so 260PS , original exhaust , filter ect , no mods.

All the usual GSR options i.e. Climate control , Elec windows , Elec folding Mirrors , Recaro interior (usual crushed drivers seat bolster tho) Momo steering wheel , also has the optional factory fitted glass tilt/slide electric sunshine roof.

New clutch fitted last year

Lots of History/old MOTs/bills/receipts ect

Asking £4495 OVNO , no p/exes plz. email RSOctavia@aol.com or call 07968 524997

f8fb74f9.jpg

f8fb68e1.jpg

f8fb68f5.jpg

f95bbe62.jpg

Saw this one as well:

1994 L reg

Personal Import + SVA tested

6 months tax + MOT

42000 miles

Only covered 5000 miles in nearly two years

Black

White OZ alloys

Evo 3 rear spoiler

Used in the what used car buyers guide photoshoot last october

No other mods at all

£4500 or nearest offer, car has to go due to me and the wife being stuck with 4 cars.

eba00509074f00000015.jpg

eba00509074f00000016.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

A SOHC version with about 160 bhp

We don't get these....didn't even know they existed. What's the engine code?

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Not sure.

All I can tell you is it was 160-165 hp, 12 valve 3.0 liter V6 and had 8.5:1 compression vs. the 10:1 compression of the 24 valve V6.

It's quite possible it's a Chysler engine to tell the truth.

Maybe Puls knows?

If I could find one, - a Black Mkiii Supra Twin turbo R.

if Not, pick up a mint mk3 supra Shell with a shafted engine for avout £500, buy a 2JZ-GTE with all the ancilleries and ECU for about £1000-£1500. Spend another grand on tidying the car up, getting it pretty Much perfect, then spend the change on performance mods. :thumbsup:

Failing that....

MkII celica supra, either a 5.0 griffith V8 -or a twin turbo'd 3.5 rover V8, resprey in aubergine, white 5 spoke mags, zero interior anda rolll cage :thumbsup:

I like my cars oldschool and fast :lol:

I know its not a toyota or even a jap car (forgive me) but for that kind of money (6k) ive always fancied an audi coupe S2 dont see many about and can easily acheive 300+bhp reliably, could get a good one for 6k too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links