Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Falken Fk451's

Leeky

Thinking about buying these for the supra today so need some quick opinions.

In the size im after i can only choose from...

Goodyear GS-C ~ £270 each

Bridgestone Potenzas ~ £230 each

Yokohama AVS Sport ~ £170 each

Kumho Ecsta Supra ~ £98 each

Falken FK451's ~ £108 each

and then the usual suspects like Hankook, Nankang etc who noone wants :lol:

I've read all the reviews and checked EVERYWHERE for the best prices.

The falkens match if not better the Bridgestones and Yoko's allround and are priced well. But just need someone to tell me they have experience of them being good before i order them :lol:

:thumbsup:

Yeah we do ;) (check gold) but i found a cheaper place anyway.

I've just literally ordered them from a place in Reading 5mins ago and they can get them tomorrow Dave :thumbsup:

I just hope they are going to be ok :wacko: Really wanted to stick with Goodyear but just found out that i got the price wrong and they are over £300 per tyre for those :o - so forget them :lol:

Yeah we do ;)  (check gold) but i found a cheaper place anyway.

I've just literally ordered them from a place in Reading 5mins ago and they can get them tomorrow Dave  :thumbsup:

I just hope they are going to be ok  :wacko:  Really wanted to stick with Goodyear but just found out that i got the price wrong and they are over £300 per tyre for those  :o  - so forget them  :lol:

:eek: £300!!!

Oh well, atleast you get them tomorrow dude :P gives us time to prep your wheels!

I'm looking forward to that now!hehe

remember my thread a while ago about tyres?? (probly not) well after that thread i ignored everyones advice and got some falken 451s (cheaper than the discount in gold too) had them on for about 500 miles now and there really quite good, i consider them to be better in the wet than than my previous toyos T1-S due to the water grooves in the middle, havnt really got any complaints at all considering there a mid range tyre. :thumbsup:

I know i'm a bit too late now (you ordered)... but taking the price into account i would have went for the Kumho Ecsta Supra ~ £98 each is a descent buy.. and IMO are a better quality tyre than Falkens.

I have Kumho 712's fitted to my humble little Yaris 1.0l ( i know it's not fast :lol:) and for what i use the car for (rallying.. hillclimb... drifting etc) i have had no problems whatsoever. I have never used Falkens personally.. but i know a few people who have, and have now started useing Kumho's instead (probably more of a price issue though).

I do know that Kumho are desperatley trying to market themselves as a top brand.. but they have a little way to go yet (not far though) and do a lot of work in the Rallysports etc. Although still a budget brand.. they ARE one of the better ones.

Thats great :D Just what i wanted to hear!

I was impressed with the reviews i read, granted they arent as grippy as the Eagle F1's i have at the mo but im not prepared to fork out stupid money just to stay with goodyear.

If anything these new tyres are wider than the ones i have at the mo so should make up for any grip loss :thumbsup:

It was a toss up between the Falkens and the Kumho's, but i went with the Falkens as they have a better tread pattern and seem to get rated above the Kumho Ecsta Supras on every website i've been to.

I'll see how i get on with the Falkens, im just going to destroy them at Santapod anyway :lol: Once they have died i'll maybe give the Kumho's a try :thumbsup:

Lee i have the falkens on my yaris in 215 fitment, very very good in the wet and good in the dry, im very pleased with them

Cool stuff, i can relax now as it sound like these tyres will do me fine.

Yeah man i got new rims, check out the garage. BTW they are being repainted white (only the spokes, not the chrome) by myself and rookey.

Should be finished and on the car for Japfest :thumbsup:

I realise you've already chosen your tyres but with reference to your orignal question of 'What Tyre?' I see one of your considerations was Yokohama. Personally I find Yokohama to be the best tyre for grip/comfort etc. (I do emphasise that this is only 'personally' what I find).

My '77 MGB GT had a set of Michelins on and the handling I thought could be a little better so a set of Yokohama's was fitted and it was a more controlable car.

Some people have said that Yokohama wear down quick due to soft rubber etc. but I find there life span fully acceptable. :thumbsup:

I agree with your coment about 'Nankang'. It shocks me that places like Halfords charge an exorbidant amount for there wheel and tyre packages and then to see that the tyre the are issued with is Hankook/Nankang, somebody at their head office wants shooting ! :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: ; yet on the display board at our local branch the 'example/display' wheels have 'Toyos' fitted to them. :blink:

Get the Kuhmos!!!

OPurely because they say "supra" on the side wall :lol:

I have em on my tt :yes:

Out of interest mate, what size did you need??

Mark

275-40-17 :thumbsup:

dont do i lee, buy the best tyres that u can afford.

i know of a place u can get conti's(sport contacts). for about £150 each

same as ive got on my car, very good tyre.

or have a look on here

tyres

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links