Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattly Engine Cover

MR DAN

Morning All,

I've just been looking at other MR2s on eBay (bored at work!) And have noticed that alot of MR2s have a sort of black material looking shape covering the inside of the engine cover.

Now i dont have this on my '91 UK N\A - (my engine cover just has a thin sheet of metal under the exterior cover) - and was wondering would this be a reason why i seem to have a slightly annoying rattley noise coming from behind the passenger seat? :angry:

I've had this rattle since i bought the car and is a little annoying when driving over rough and uneven surfaces!

Any ideas? Do you all have an extra cover inside your engine cover? :huh:

Cheers in advance!!! :)

most people take that cover off, its just sound deadening, i havent got this cover and dont have a rattle. explain more about your noise and see if anyone has same.

Your rattling sound is going to be a loose heatshield usually on the manifold or exhaust. They have a tendancy of rusting and developing that really annoying rattle. Not much you can do about it other than renew them.

The rattle only appears when the surface im driving on is uneven. so it must just be a loose something or other?!

As long as my car's not going to blow up i can learn to live with it - Can someone reassure me!!!! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links