Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gameboy Advance Micro

scionic

I'm not a huge video game fan, in fact I don't really play games on my computers at all and I haven't owned a console since the original NES, but I do have a bit of a weakness for the handheld type. I like them because they are generally simple, don't require a great deal of skill or a substantial investment of time to play and you can, of course, take them with you anywhere.

I had one of the original GameBoy's and I have a GameBoy Advance SP now along with a clutch of games (maybe 6 or 7)

So when E3 rolled around I was impressed by the xBox 360 and PS3 etc...but knowing I'd never buy any of them, my favorite thing to see was the surprise GBA Micro. Probably the opposite of most people who would consider it the least impressive thing there, but come on. This is an entire 32bit Super Nintendo system that is SMALLER than an original NES controller!

How can you not love that??? :thumbsup:

I know I'll be getting one when they come out this autumn. :yes:

micro.jpg

"Brilliant piece of kit", as you lot would say. :lol:

Looks like an NES pad!

Nintendo are the ninjas of innovativeness (sp)... they were the first to introduce 'shoulder' buttons on the old SNES.. shame everything they produced recently is pap.

I remember buying the GameBoy Pocket when that came out, sold it short after. Had the original also tho.

Wait for the new nintendo Jappy. Ive heard they are revolutionising the controllers. :)

Get a PSP they are an amazing bit of kit. I got mine imported by Lik-Sang from Japan. They'll be released over here in September at 185 quid.

They are a slightly less powerful PS2 with wireless networking (web browsers to be released soon) for multiplayer games, they'll play mp3 audio & mp4 video files and display photos.

Games are fantastic. I have Ridge Racer & Need For Speed Underground:Rivals and there is very little difference in quality from the PS2 versions - slightly lower frame rate and less fancy lighting effects but still fantastic quality.

Hmmmm the only problem is, to actually see the screen on that thing your going to need some seriously ninja eyesight. The screen is absolutely TINY!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links