Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Saw It At Bluewater

Blue84

Hi All,

I went to Bluewater Shopping Centre yesterday - brought loads too :huh: :D and saw the Aygo. Even sat in the Ice Blue one too!

First impressions - the big speedo underneath the steering wheel is very "in your face" but clear - and it only displays the MPH too (I think) it has a smaller rev counter to the right and up a bit. The CD Stereo looks very funky, much better than the Yaris one and easy to use. Space wise it's quite a bit smaller than the Yaris..you'd probably be able to fit a weeks shopping for one in the boot and that would be all, and the bit which the boot fastens onto comes up quite high (the rear panel it might be called) so it's quite deep in that way. Compared to the Yaris it does look very basic and minimal - not sure of the spec level of the one me and my Friend were looking at tho. The rear window on the 5 door doesnt wind down, it's pushed open on a "clip" and it's lower than the Yaris too.

So overall impressions - good for young drivers who want something small, cheap and funky or an older person on their own...definately not a family car type at all. I'm still not keen on it either. Sorry I mentioned the Yaris but it's the only Toyota I can compare it too!

Blue

I saw it too, sat in it, felt it... Felt good!

You mention the boot space, I have a Smart forTwo and that has a tiny boot too but it can hold a full shopping trolly worth of stuff. Just be smart with loading it, i.e. heavy stuff at the bottom, then place the lighter items on top.

My encounter with @ Aygo http://www.ka82.net/aygo

I too have a Smart ForTwo. The Aygo has a back seat which means more space for shopping! There'd be no need to go fitting things like underseat drawer / luggage net - which I would have to pay for again if I bought a new Smart! I know there's no option for changing body panels on an Aygo but then I've never bothered changing them on the Smart as they're not cheap. I know I could get more for my money from an Aygo.

The aygo's best feature is in the driving.

Ken and I had to drive a couple 70 miles through all road types... its fun to drive.. bags of room in the front

I am planning getting one for the missus as she will love it for its funky styling and cheap to run!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links