Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Random Help Wanted....

yaristpot

Ok I have 2 weeks off work, I want to go/do somthing and not waste it (was ment to be away but we dont talk about that...)

I live on the south coast, looked into ferrys, was thinking about a drive around france or over to the nurburg....

Ideas welcomed, lastminute.com not very helpfull, anything considered but not sitting on a beach as i will get board.... the weirderd/wacker the better....

:thumbsup:

Hello mate

How about driving to Cornwall and follow the coastal road back up to Blackpool and onto Scotland and back around to Newcastle and Norfolk folkstone and finally back home. Stopping off at a few BB's on the way. That would be a cool thing to do?

jerry!!

depends what you're into really...

Last November a mate and I did a week long trip round europe - it was somthing like this..

Friday (atraight after work) - Inverness to Airdrie

Saturday - Airdrie (leaving at 5ish) to Bethune, northern France by early afternoon.

Sunday - Bethune to Karlsrhue via lunch & lost in Brussels

Monday - Karlsrhue to Nurburgruing - discover got dates wrong and nurburgring is closed... Luxembourg for lunch (and why not...) then on to some godforsakenly complex place where we got very, very lost and ****** off...

Tuesday - Koblenz to Stuttgart to visit the Merc museum and then Porsche museum - got very lost and ****** off - on to Strasbourg - got lost and ****** off...

Wednesday - All day in Strasbourg with car stored in underground carpark and no driving. Went to Kronenbourg brewery.

Thursday - Strasbourg to Mulheim to see Schlumpf Collection and then on to Beaune via my folk's which still had the buiilders in. Quick trip round the vineyards and some nice piccys taken...

Friday - Beaune to Bethune with lunch in Épernay, the home of Champagne .

Saturday - Bethune to Aberfeldy (having left Stephen in Airdrie) via a half-closed M25 and a 2 hour delay on the M6...

Sunday - Aberfeldy to Inverness

All I can say is that for 2 of us (in a Smart Roadster-Coupé) it was quite a bit of driving (just over 3k in a week, but you can knock 1100 miles off that as you're starting nearer the action!) but we had a great time.

You don't have to follow that, but what I'm trying to say is that a european road trip is great fun if you have a good mate with you - we always made up within 5 minutes of shouting matches (well you read the :ffs: ing map then...)- but there can be a lot of driving involved. We were so glad of our day-off in Strasbourg. I would also advise investing in or borrowing a GPS system.

Go! Do it :thumbsup:

Have fun,

Alan

edit: everyone posted whilst I was writing that! yeah, you can check the public track times for the nurburgring at http://www.nuerburgring.de/

Jerry's suggestion's a good one too - we could meet up if you're this far north :thumbup:

A

Edited by alanbradley

Hire a car and see how far across the channel you can get with a fast launch off the pier at Bournemouth.

You can spend the rest of the fortnight figuring out how to get it back out of the sea and cleaned up before the Hire company find out .

Rich

come up to my house with your turbo and well try and fit it onto mine, you pay for everything inlcuding remapping :)

come up to my house with your turbo and well try and fit it onto mine, you pay for everything inlcuding remapping :)

... and I have the supercharger! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links