Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Points Within 2 Years Of Driving

Midnightsupra

Morning,

a friend of mine who has been driving for less than 2 years has just been caught speeding twice in the same week in a works van. - which he needs for his job.

Under the new law, is it just that you have to retake your test if you get 6 points within 2 years or is there an automatic 6 months ban as well?

i cant remember

cheers for your help :bookworm: ;)

Morning,

a friend of mine who has been driving for less than 2 years has just been caught speeding twice in the same week in a works van. - which he needs for his job.

Under the new law, is it just that you have to retake your test if you get 6 points within 2 years or is there an automatic 6 months ban as well?

i cant remember

cheers for your help  :bookworm:  ;)

I've got a feeling you can take it pretty much straight away, but you have to do the theory & hazard perception before you can do the actual test. Its something I'm praying doesnt happen to me

you get an automatic ban, its the same as if you were to get 12 points on a full license, the license is resinded.

i think it can also be difficult to get insurance afterwards as most insurance companies ask if you have been banned for any period of time.

Yep - in the first 2 years you are on probation - get more than 6 points in that time and you lose your license and have to re-sit your theory, HPT and practical tests again....

Plus Shell out all that money again!

Yep - in the first 2 years you are on probation - get more than 6 points in that time and you lose your license and have to re-sit your theory, HPT and practical tests again....

Plus shell out all that money again!

It will make you a better driver though ;) ;) ............and a poorer one ;)

You don;t get banned!!!! -you just have your liscence removed!!!!!!

you can retake as soon as you like.. (but it tends to takea month to booka test anyway!!!!

I got 6 points 1 year, 11 months and 2 weeks after passing my test....

buy the time the court case was over I had been driving for three years.. but they backdated it to the date of the offence, so I had to retake my test... however the points started from the court case so they had it both ways (took longer for my liscence to be "clean"

I passed first time originally, and failed on the retake after driving for three years :lol:

Caught TWICE .. don't you get 6pts for speeding?? 6 points in 1st year = resit test... but looks like your mate cold be getting done twice.. 12 points.. 2 seperate speeding offences. might well be looking at a ban.

Caught TWICE .. don't you get 6pts for speeding?? 6 points in 1st year = resit test... but looks like your mate cold be getting done twice.. 12 points.. 2 seperate speeding offences. might well be looking at a ban.

Depends on the severity of the offence doesnt it? Its at the discretion of the law how many points you get for certain offences.....

nah, he got done in the same week by a mobile camera - both SP30's. Its quite funny really as he is in Tailand for 2 weeks and knows nothing about it - he's going to be well :censor: when he gets back skint and finds a fine for £120! lol

Is it poss for him to claim againsy hardship as he is a mobile windscreen fitter, and needs a license for his job (was caught in works van)?

nah, he got done in the same week by a mobile camera - both SP30's. Its quite funny really as he is in Tailand for 2 weeks and knows nothing about it - he's going to be well :censor: when he gets back skint and finds a fine for £120! lol

Is it poss for him to claim againsy hardship as he is a mobile windscreen fitter, and needs a license for his job (was caught in works van)?

It is a possibility man, if you can prove you need the car to live then you would still end up with the points, but still be allowed to drive.

So he wasn't doing 159mph on the motorway or 80mph in a 30 zone?!!

He's had it then!!

Tell him to tell the court, he was "familiarising himself with the vehicle."

Either that, or that he actually works for Derbyshire police force....

:D

He could argue that the 2nd fine wouldn't have occured had he been aware of the first since he would have been driving more carefully after he knew about the 1st one.

Somebody I used to work with got 2 tickets on the same day and succesfully got the 2nd one scrapped since she wouldn't have been speeding had she known about the 1st ticket. I think in the end she had to pay both fines, but only got points for one offence.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links