Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Advice

Demonic Angel

Need a favour from you guys! I currently have a Yaris and I dont intend changing, but I'm currently trying to persuade my other half to buy a Toyota and I'm dead keen on an MR2, especially after seeing Jaxx's at Bruntingthorpe! :thumbsup:

Can anyone explain the differences between the Marks - what regs they go from and too and post any pics of those Marks so I can show him - I've seen a really nice G reg one in the Autotrader- is that a Mk2?

Anyway, I'm totally clueless and would appreciate a brief run-down and hopefully my guy will see sense and sell his dodgy 206 and buy a half decent car! :thumbsup:

gallery_3690_134_1117476925.jpg

on the left a mk1 mr2, flippy lights, the small original boxy one (if you will) comes with either a 1.6 NA or supercharged engine

on the right is a mk2, like a mk1 but bigger, fatter and more rounded edges came with 2.0l 8v, 16v, and 16v turbo engines

and heres a mk3, no pop up lights (boooooooo!) full cabby roof with optional hard top, came with 1.8l engine pushing 140bhp

a g reg is either a late mk1 or an early mk2 i think

mk3-2.jpg

bit of shorthand info here!

all cars are mid engined and rear wheel drive

as a stab in the dark i think mk1 was 85-89 (B to G reg)

mk2 90-99 (G-P reg)

mk3 2000 and on....

Twas a Mark2 then! Cheers Jaxx!

Now I've just gotta put my persuasion hat on for 'im indoors! :thumbsup:

For a G Plate (Rev 1) make sure the car has the 3S-GE and not the 3s-FE engine. It'll be easy to spot on the engine which it is. The 3S-Ge was an intro model (normally found with no rear spoiler and auto) and has a lot, lot less power.

If you can fnid a rev 2 (mid '91 (H+) you'll have a better suspension and brake setup which makes a big difference to the way the car drives :D

Have a look at the stickie threads .. I put 'em there for a reason ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links