Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Made Redundant Today.

Caz SR

Hi all, anyone know of any jobs for a Graphic & Web Designer in the Berkshire area?

Yep, I've just been made redundant after 2 and a half years. Found out this afternoon and left today. It's the second time in my 4 year career and I'm feeling a bit low to say the least. Just don't know what to do with myself. :crybaby:

sorry to hear that caz but i know how you feel been made redundant

3 times in the past.

its not nice but it usually works out for the best,as you'll get a better job.

and on the plus side the weathers going to be good this week,so chill and enjoy your mini break in the sun B)

sorry to hear it

ive not hand the cold hand of redundancy but have been very close at times, re. spet 11th as i work in aerospace!

Awww Caz :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles:

Thats just awful news, but look on the bright side, you're young and super talented - I'm sure you'll find a much better job in no time at all!

I know how it feels, its happened to me twice - surround yourself with people you care about, eat lots of chocolate, drink lots of wine and then tomorrow, start your search!

In a way, my redundancies were both blessings in disguise, I'm sure it'll be the same for you - your perfect job with that excellent salary and benefits whilst working with Brad Pitt and George Clooney* could be just around the corner!

*Cannot guarantee Brad & George!

Welcome to the unenviable redundancy club. :(

I'm sure you won't be out of work long, I'm still looking for a job myself but I must admit I'll put more effort into it after JAE, although if the right one came along I'm afraid that would take a back seat. :yes:

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Les

:group-cuddles:

Aw,sorry to hear that. I think the same as all the others, maybe tis meant to be. Better things will come your way. AND nooooooo Les JAE is most important!!!!!!

:o

:group-cuddles: Very Sorry to hear that Charis...

Makes you me and Ed now!!! We should all launch a new company and become well payed rich people :D :group-cuddles:

On a brighter note you have the advantage of being set in your mind and know what kind of job to look for!!!

Ah Caz, that Sucks girlie :unsure:

As everyone else has already said, you've got a good head on your shoulders and from looking at the nurburgring photos on your site you are extremely talented!!

good luck in the search, if you need a girlie shoulder and a bottle of zinfandel, give me a shout :group-cuddles:

Sorry to hear this.

I have also suffered redundancy twice in fact and yes it sucks big TIME...........

Hope things "turn out nice" as George Formby would say........... :yes:

Oh Charis.... I'm really sorry to hear that... :(

On the bright side, there do seem to be loads of graphic design jobs around (I wish I could say the same for product/industrial design).

Time to break out those subscriptions to www.mad.co.uk and Creative Review...

Good luck,

Alan

sorry to hear it cant say ive been there but can imagine how you feel, im sure Lee's there for you and so are us lot (is that a good thing?)

all the best with the new job (of course you'll get one)

:D

Sorry to hear that! :(

The irony as I stepped onto my career ladder today!

Things will work out, but have a wee break and enjoy yourself! :yes:

Not the best news to get :( .. but not the end of the world either, your young and talented, i'm sure something is out there with your name on it.

Take a mini break, think it through, get that CV (whatever that is.. i've never had one) up to date... and then go sell yourself to everyone (you could make a fortune in no time :lol:)

Good luck for the future :beer:

Sad to hear that but good luck with the job search, you'll find a new job soon enough, but I'm sure you can find something to do in this sun for the time being

sorry to hear that? like i said get drunk, like karma said we should start a company and just get paid for being well paid! also while ur looking find me a job everything will work out in the end

Yes, very sorry to hear that. I hope you and the others get sorted jobwise really soon. Good Luck.

*Big hugs....

But you'll get something better honey :) There is always a need for those creative types ;) just dont accept anything less than you are worth :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear this :(

Could you not set up as freelance designer? Might be an option if your confident enough :)

Oh dear, thats not good news at all. :(

Something will come up! it always does! :thumbsup:

Chill for a few days then go job hunting! :thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind words! :group-cuddles:

I've applied for a Graphic Designer job through an agency and hopefully they'll put me on their books. I'm not the sort of person who can sit still for long... as soon as I got back yesterday I started looking for vacancies. I've also called my former boss (who's been fantastic) and arranged to go into the Studio tomorrow and get a decent CV together and collect some work for my portfolio. *Fingers crossed*

Cheers everyone x

Oh no :( I'm really sorry to hear that, after all that work you did on your own last week too :ffs:

*crosses fingers*

I hope you find something ASAP

Blue x

have you ever thought about working for yourself??

Good money if you get about.. I did this myself for a couple of years..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links