Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Car Wash

b1nda

Hi,

I bought a 05 Plate yaris a couple of weeks ago, picked it up, drove it home all was fine...next day i noticed some light surface marks on the roof and near the passenger door, so i took it back to Toyota and asked them to sort the marks out...which they did(free of charge) and gave it a another wash and full valet(inside & out)...when i was driving out towards the exit of the garage(you have to pass were they wash the cars)i noticed that when they have washed the cars(outside-paintwork) to dry the cars they use a soft plastic(some sort of soft material) to wipe away the excess water....does anybody know what its called as its far easier than drying your car with a chamois.

It's a rubberbladed squeegie like window cleaners use.

It gets water off the car faster than a chamois as they have to get through many cars.....

As with all things you rub on a car - it can scratch if it has dirt trapped on the blade..............But so can any Chamois or cloth.

You can also buy these in places like Halfords for about 9.99 - think turtlewax produce some................

Yup - Turtlewax make one.

I've got one. It's ok, but be sure to polish the car afterwards, cause it will leave streaks....

I want one, but im too afraid that it might scratch my paint work.....ill stick to the good old chamois

ive got one

run the blade through your finger and thumb,

run over a panel (ie bonnet)

dunk in bucket of clean water

run blade between finger and thumb

do another panel,

repeat until all large panels are bead free and then shammy

shouldnt never replace your leather but does a damn good job of cutting the time and stops beads leaving marks

I use one, its very good for getting most of the water off cars (especially bigger ones!!) you will still need a chamios to finish the job properly!

Also got a hydro blade as well but i still say you cant bet a chamois. As they prepare the surface ready for polishing ;)

jerry!!

I have one at home and have never had any bother as long as you do what Jaxx says and keep the blade clean. Certainly cuts out a lot of time and effort. I think they are made from some silicone compound.

Having said that, we have a couple of local car wash places that wash by hand for a fiver. Quite handy in winter when you want a quick clean up. They used to use the squeegie things but last time I went they were using chamois again so I asked why and they said some customers had complained of scratches.

:o :)

Scratches will/CAN occur with anything you rub over paintwork - all depends on what is trapped between the paint and the item you are using to clean with. :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links