Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi Guys

GazMR2GTS

Just rejoined back to the site, Iv recently just bought a MR2 GTS after crashing my N/A and writeing the !Removed! thing off.

Hope i can get some friendly advice off here, i know Jaxx will help me (I HOPE) lol

Fist time owning a Tubby so im a bit weary of what i can and cannot do to them.

I really need a Turbo Timer, but theres so many different ones out there, which are the best ? and is it a simple job that anyone can do to put them in?

How do you adjust the boost ?

Im a complete novice to turbo's and these are just a few of the questions i could really do with answering, as ive just bought it i dont want to be running on the wrong boost and blowing the damn thing up befor i have fun to drive it. (if ya get my meaning lol)

Anyway breif description of the car

J plate MR2 GTS Turbo, T-Bar Rev 2 i do beleive.

82k miles

Metalic silver (makes a change from my red one hehe)

Anyway ill leave you with that to stew on, any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Gaz

Hiya Matey...

First thing to do is make sure you have decent tyres on there as it makes a big difference to the car, Goodyears or Toyot Proxies are highly recommended and mytres.com seem rpetty good on prices atm...

I'ld get used to the car before playing with boost as the turbo will be different than the NA especially where the turbo is kicking in...

Better to be running on standard boost and get used to the power kicking in before pushing up the boost and getting caught out :D

Hey thanks for your quick reply, you sure are out of bed early lol

Thanks for the advice and ill certainly listen to you, BUT, how do i know im running on standard boost ? may sound silly but for all i know i maybe running on full whack.

Probably should of said that i pick the car up today in 2 hours time so i wont know what kinda boost she's running on just yet. hehe

Its all fun and games, im just so excited i want to know everything befor i even drive her lol. Its going to be a totaly different experience to that im used to driving My N/A its double the BHP! lol.

first things first... invest in some tires as rhaines said to keep u on the road... and also buy yourself a boost gauge. stock boost gauge is crap.

hellooo and welcomes back... :)

good luck with your tubby, and sure theres plenty of peeps on here that will help you. :)

Hi Gaz you out tonight in her?

Be weird not seeing the red 2

As said above drive very carefully in the wet! although you are already used to a RWD car, can be tempting in a turbo to constantly thrash it (just because you can :P )

I dont think youll have a problem with it ;)

p.s Save about a £100 for petrol this first week! as you will be out in it all the time! :D

Thanks for the welcomes and such.

Sorry its 2 days since i replied, but iv been out in the Tubby all day and night lol, its soooo fast compared to my N/A Its running on standard boost so iv been told, really wouldnt mind turning it up a little lol

just gonna find my roots with it at first befor i start fettling with her.

My main puchase list at the moment is defo a T/Timer and boost gauge as the stock one is pants i think.

Hi to Teegan :D How are you finding your new little pocket rocket ?

ayup dude welcome back!

will catch up with ya one night for a proper gander

Yes, I will also be back on the circuit soon, its all good!

Why havent u guys posted on CM?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links