Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Importing From The Usofa

daktari

On a recent trip to the mainland i came across a brand spanking new F**d Mustang. Which i shamefully admit to being totally smitten by. And cheap!!? £20K!!

I`ve looked through a few yank motoring mags and they seem to be around the $25K mark over there, which works out at about £13-14K.

Question is.... Would i actually save money by importing one personally? :unsure:

I'm not sure.. it has got more complicated importing cars recently (thanks blair).. I know new or newer cars require a pretty srtict homologation process!!!

you'd save more buyinga used one thena new one, as factory new you will have to pay a huge amount of tax!

I'm not sure.. it has got more complicated importing cars recently (thanks blair).. I know new or newer cars require a pretty srtict homologation process!!!

you'd save more buyinga  used one thena  new one, as factory new you will have to pay a huge amount of tax!

Yeah. Damn politics interferes with everything. :ffs: Damn fine looking car tho. And apparently according to road tests :bookworm: it handles quite well for a yank. :D

Still a lot of money tho. Perhaps waiting a couple of years would be the best bet. Got too many cars as it is. :D

13-14 k over there

+ duty = 16,100

+ vat = 18,900

+ any other import shipping fees and SVA test, possibly upto 2k depending..

aprox 21k

youll find thats an already nice imported example and the dealers probably only making a few hundred quid on it

i heard about a bloke in mansfield whos ust got one and he says he has no end of hastle from the cops, the rear plates are white, (ok can change em) but the main thing is how the indicators on the back works on them

its intergrated with the brake lights and its the same bulb that flashes, like a twin fillament, but one is the lamp and one is the indicator, the brakes are on separate systems, as they are thus red and not orange he gets cop and MOT hastle on that one and doesnt want to ruin the lines with a couple of dodgy looking 'add on' yellow ones...

plus they do 9mpg and at 90p going a litre, its an expensive bugger

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links