Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tried Tinting My Windows

jdbecks

ha tried tinting my rear window..before it tried the others! i think i should leave it to the pros

ha! im goin to attempt it again next weekend!! hopefully i have more patients!

tried 3 times, failed miserably, im off to give it another go i reckon as iv seen a video that make it look pi** :lol:

Dont do it :). It is very hard, i did an ok job on my old Renault 5, but that was because i could take the windows out. If you do decided to do it, make sure there two of you, one to hold, while the other flattens it down.

Again it's not worth it, unless you dont mind trying and trying over and over till you get it good. Ive seen examples of people that have done it lots of times, but still they have small bubbles etc. Also if you aint happy with the job once its stuck it is V V V V hard to get off

top tip, wipe the window with talcum powder before fitting film, but oviously wipe it off properly after!

top tip, wipe the window with talcum powder before fitting film, but oviously wipe it off properly after!

ehhh?

how does that work? :wacko:

TALC??!!!???

We still talking about windows right?

He's not wrong, i remember talc been used on mine when i got it done :yes:

From start to finish 3hrs for 7 windows to be done and i even got a free brekkie :D

yep, i know it sounds crazy but it works, was told to try it when i did my cavaliers windows.did one window with the talc and one without, the one with seemed to settle onto the window quicker too

no, you clean windows, then wipe talc over and wipe it off properly before you apply the film.

The old CavWeb days.

brilliant car, was an old mk 2, wish i still had it to be honest, but manual choke is not for me! and smoke comin from ignition barrel which is a "common problem for all vauxhalls!" kinda puts you off them!

I dont miss my old Cav now I have the MR2 but the old Gal is a part of my history.

TALC??!!!???

We still talking about windows right?

He's not wrong, i remember talc been used on mine when i got it done :yes:

From start to finish 3hrs for 7 windows to be done and i even got a free brekkie :D

were did you get the free breakie from i wanna go there!!!!!! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links