Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mot

houston

was just getting my documents ready for road tax (groan) and just noticed that my mot is due 23rd of this month! i havent left myself much time if owt goes wrong so im gonna give it a look over, whats the most common thing for mr2s to fail on, what should i be checking?

ive noticed when i did lambda sensor that i can compress the rear ball joints with a bar, are they meant to have a little give in them as i was told it could be normal?

also for handbrake the plate on adjuster says adjust it to 6 clicks but ive always worked to 3-4, will most mot places just click it to 3 or will they use full throwt?

Oh, my handbrake has never done that fewer clicks and has passed..

they must go all the way.

handbrake must have a certain ammount of travel. you can have the mot done a full month before its due and are allowed to return 2 times for a re test at no extra cost , this depends if you know the tester who may give you 3 or 4 tries ;)

MOT is a funny thing.. supposed to be a national standard, but if u know the right testers....

MOT is a funny thing.. supposed to be a national standard, but if u know the right testers....

Even the testers are variable! My mk1 got failed on a slightly loose connecting rod on the column (there is 0 chance it could become detatched), yet it was passed last year with a completely shot steering universal joint by the same bloke! :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links