Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Security

Dann

Hey there!

I'm new to the forum and cars in general. Just a few months until I complete my driving test and I have my eye on the Aygo. But I cant find any details regarding the security (alarm,immobiliser, central locking etc.). Could anyone fill me in? I've looked everywhere on the Aygo mini site but to no avail.

Also do you think the Sports version would have much of an impact (if any) on the insurance as it's the same size engine as the rest?

Cheers

Dann

Transponder key engine immobiliser on all (Aygo, Aygo+ and Aygo Sport)

Remote central locking on all bar Aygo

Security window etching - linked to 24hr helpline on all

Vehicle parts marking – major parts traceable to VIN on all

Alloy wheels with locking wheelnuts on Aygo Sport only

No technical reason why Aygo Sport should be more expensive to insure (save alloys and front fogs being more to replace), but the insurers may take the view that anyone buying the Sport is more sporty and so more of a risk.

As for the insurance no I don't expect there would be much a difference on the Insurance, for example when I went from a 1.0L Yaris T3 to a 1.3 Yaris Blue the increase was oooh £30 or so and that was with 5 months left to run on the policy. Obviously there is a bigger engine size which is the main factor with the increase - with trim levels I imagine it'll be small.

Blue

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links