Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New To This Forum

nik

I have just managed to buy myself a shiny red MR2 on a P plate. I also own a Paseo so am joining you from their forum. I have some questions which I am sure will have been asked before, but your help/advice will be appreciated.

Lights- After burner rear and quad pop ups. Where can I get them?

Wheels- What are the largest that fit with no mods or rubbing?

What wheels look best? Opinions/pics would be good.

Any other good mods to do?

I am also buying the new JVC head unit with a built in screen. Has anyone seen one? Are they any good?

Hiya matey, welcome to TOC...

Both afterburners and quad pops can be purchased from the manufacturer at [http]www.revision6.com[/http].

Wheels is a funny one, personally would not go above 16's as they give a superb balance between lokos, handling and performance, yes the bigger ones look better and fit but suffer in other areas...

Other options to look at would be exhaust and induction (mongoose exhausts and apexi inductions come highly recommended) :D

Welocme mate

Rogue Systems supply quad headlights and rev 6 rears

I have 17" on my 2, lots of people say above 17" tram line like hell, but some have 17" fronts 18" rears or bigger all round. your choice...handling / looks !!

dunno about the stereo, but some people on here have big ice installs, so might be able to help !

Not sure what you mean by 'Tram' but I was thinking 18's would be ok. I like some of the Asia Tech stuff

Not sure what you mean by 'Tram' but I was thinking 18's would be ok.  I like some of the Asia Tech stuff

Tram lining = sometimes the wheels will hit a bump or crack in the road and if the wheels are too big they will kind of 'follow the crack' as if getting stuck (i.e like a tram following the rails) you will feel the steering wheel pull to the side ;)

Hi and welcome

Do you mean you are getting the new JVC KDAVX1 single Din kd-avx1%20400.gif

Its looks good for a single Din but you ar prob better off with a Kenwood DDX7025 As its A double din 9_9_694ae9e5-4452-4cca-8102-9b43750e41be.jpg

If you can afford it (its what I would get)

That jvc looks verry good and it has also the GIGA facility Allowing you to play MP3's Recorded on DVD that's arr 60 albums worth of music on one Disc

Sorry to go back to wheels but... 17's front and 18's rear? doesn't it look wierd and stuff the handling?

DSCF0734.JPG

17x7 front and 18x8 rear.

Handling is fine... just a little bumpy. The ride comfort is degraded, but handling seems to be unaffected, and I've used a 16" setup, and 17" setup.

For ultimate acceleration performance, I'd say stick with stock.

I've still got my 17's and 16's if I ever want to change back. 16's are lightweight Volks Racing items, so they can go on for the drag strip if I just want to get a quick time!!!

17's and 18's are solely for looks on the street, but they work a treat on a perfectly smooth track as they have little flex in the tyre wall if correctly sized.

Fit big wheels... make your car more powerful... best of both worlds! ;) :D

Ride comfort is seriously affected though, so if you do long journeys it's something to consider.

Tram lining is when the car naturally follows the hollow 'track' in the road made from lorries and general wear, its like you are on a tram line. Steering wheel pulls left and right.

Anyone who owns an MR2 and expects a soft ride is not wired up!

FIRM!

How do

I too am new to MR2 ownership: Got my hands on an early (Gplate) G-Ltd in lovely red.

OK it's an auto, but for a grand I can't complain really.

It needed some work (well for a grand what did you expect?) so can I reccomment Avon ZZ3 tyres for excellent grip - esp in the wet, low noise and fine tread pattern. £150 quid a pair from National (225/40/16), and I also got a mega deal from mytyres.co.uk, but had to fit them myself at £100 a pair (215/40/16). Cost me £20 fitting at the local guy.

Also I got a cam belt change in Minories Toyota in Durham for £180 which I thought was reasonable - esp as my local dealer (formerly Crofts) in Yarm, Teesside wanted £270. Please don't tell me how much you paid - I'll cry.

I'll post a pic of my amusing wheels when I work out how this forum works.

Anyone got any clues as to where I can get a decent but cheap respray in a nicer colour - a blow-over will do. Don't want to throw money at it jst yet...

I just managed to miss Pickering last Sat - any more MR2 meets coming up round abouts the N. E.?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links