Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radiator Problem

hussain

Hi

can anyone help!

The water level in my radiator drops, I have replaced the radiator and the hose pump. I seem to top up the water level more regularly than before.

I suppose it could be a many things, but, especially if your engine was getting a little warm before you fitted your replacements, it could be the cylinder head gasket. If so the water condition will gradually get worse and you'll eventually feel a lack of power -- until you can actually hear a deep-pitched exhaust noise coming out the top of the engine and have great difficulty getting it to turn over (action should be taken long before this happens). In some ways the head gasket is a good possibility as it often follows a coolant problem.

The worst case scenario is a crack in your engine block. That one's easy to identify because you'll notice a milky or light brown, oily scum on the surface of the water (engine oil getting through).

Hopefully someone here will come up with less scary possibilities.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links