Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Else Find This?

dawolf

I've noticed that my car starts to feel quite sluggish once the petrol gauge creeps down towards the red. Even if it's still a few notches above red it can feel slow. Once I top up it's like the engine is given a boost of energy and feels quick again, I didn't think it would make so much of a difference, also I thought topping up would actually make the car slightly slower as it's carrying more weight :blink:

Maybe you got a lot of sludge in your tank? Might be worth changing the fuel filter and flushing the tank.

Joe

I found the opposite with my Rev3. It seemed to get nippier when the petrol level dropped. I put it down to getting lighter B)

maybe its a breather? next time it starts feelin sluggish take off the petrol cap (engine off) to let air back in then put cap back and see if its made a difference, doubt it could be sludge but could be worth changin fuel filter.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links