Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo Converts

screechmr2

whenever i go to meets people always want to have ago in a turbo, so this time i took a couple of people out for a ride, and the response as other people have said at previous meets is always, 'i've gotta get a turbo'. took someone called ian out and almost immediately he was smiling and saying he's definately gotta get a turbo, esp when i blasted past a couple of cars like they were stood still and cracked about 120 in a short space of time.

so just wondering how many have made the step up from an n/a to a turbo? esp after a ride in a turbo.

I used to own a Calibra Turbo, but all the reliability problems with the car made me sell up, and get the MR2 N/A. However, I miss the punch of the Turbo, and the long hard 3rd and 4th gear pulls. Therefore, hopefully at the end of the summer I will go buy a Turbo Rev3 model. Will be the fastest car I've ever owned, and I want to tweak it a little bit... touching about 300bhp would satisfy me there....

So bring it on! :D

I haven't had a ride in one yet, but I will have to go test drive one soon I imagine... I am hooked already, so I think I will only convince myself more!

i have (still haven't sold it) a cavalier v6 which has more bhp and speed than most n/a mr2s and i thought this was fast.

now ive got a rev2 turbo the cavalier is sat on the drive and hasnt been touched in 2 weeks!

it is fast, sexy, fast and sexy fast - did i mention fast?

EVERYBODY SHOULD OWN AN MR2 TURBO!

I'm quite happy with my NA, you know where the power is 'all of the time' you know your going to get smooth delivery 'all of the time' and still plenty of stuff to tweak....

but with an n/a there's no low down grunt, and the turbos are suprisingly lag free so can easily hold boost whilst cornering and hammer out of a bend on full boost. with a turbo you know when it's coming on boost and you can easily control how much boost you get, you don't have to full boost all the time. only been in one n/a and it had a 50 shot of nitrous, was smooth but there simply wasn't the power, acceleration and general performance of the turbo.

I've been meaning to ask this of other turbo owners. When the turbo kicks in, I hear an expected high pitched whine (almost like a police siren--which keeps my senses keen for a copper). However, I frequently will hear a low pitched "whoop", like a whoosh through the exhaust manifold. Of course I feel a performance boost simutaneous with this. However, is this low sounding "whoop" normal to a turbo MR2. When I brought this to the attention of the dealer servicemen, they didn't recognize it. But I'm inclined to chalk this off to their lack of sufficient experience with a turbo.

you got an air filter or anything? i don't think i've ever heard that sound, just the turbo whistle

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links