Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Much Do You Pay For 1meg Broad Band?

GIDDLEPIN

I have been asking my network provider (Kingston Communications) if they would be adjusting the price on my connection, at present I pay £27.99 mfor 750 kbps, they have just sent me a reply saying that they will increase my speed to 1mb FREE OF CHARGE! (wow he says) and not only that they are going to reduce my payments to £24.99 a month.

Unfortunately I can't use anybody else but them as they have the monopoly in the Hull area.

I still think it's a lot more expensive than other providers,so maybe you can tell me different?

Cheers.

Les

I use Freedom 2 Surf 2.2 meg £19.99 but this was a free upgrade up from 500 Kb but i think normally its £24.99

Telewest Broadband - £24.99 a month, paid for by the Parents :thumbsup:

Pretty sure it's 1MB - can't remember for definate, never have any problems with it

I pay £23.99 a month for true unlimited usage with pipex at 512k..

the recently Emailed me saying they were going to upgrade me for free to 1 meg, then followed up by saying my Local BT exchange won't take that speed (its only very recently we have been able to get anything at all!!!) so they saif they would drop my monthly payments to £17.99.

I really can;t fault pipex! I have been on since september last year and have never had a single outage or problem!!!

Kingston Communications really pee me off, I have to have the internet for university, but i cant use a telephone, therefore dont use one, but to have the internet i have to pay extremely stupid rates 21 quid for 256kb and on top of that 11 quid a month for a telephone line (in which i dont use the "telephone" part of it, thats 32 quid for a CRAP 256kb internet connection a month.

Not only that they are as bad as NTL, Some of my friends with this connection are constitanly having problems with it. If you are the only company providing this, make sure you do a !Removed! job!

Thanks les

You've got me all riled up now :P

I'm paying £24.99 a month for 1Mb with virign.net

but there are a few cheaper one's out there

I pay £29.99 / month for 8mbit with UKonline.

Bulldogbroadband do 8mbit for only £17.50 /month which is a bargain - I started off with them but soon found why they were a bargain! Their Customer Service is terrible. If you want to test it out find their CS telephone number from their website and give them a ring (it's freephone) you will be on the phone atleast an hour waiting on hold - then when you do get through they are absolutley useless!

Anyway Plus.net do a good 2mbit package for £14.99

ime on ntl 2MB costs £24.99 a month used to have loads of probs with bad or slow connection but since they have upgraded my set top box everything is PEERRFFEECCCTTTTTT.

:D

CAn't fault NTL??? never heard that before!!

I have been asking my network provider (Kingston Communications) if they would be adjusting the price on my connection, at present I pay £27.99 mfor 750 kbps, they have just sent me a reply saying that they will increase my speed to 1mb FREE OF CHARGE! (wow he says) and not only that they are going to reduce my payments to £24.99 a month.

Something to watch out for is the total bandwidth limit you are allowed per month. I've seen some companies upping the download speed, but either maintaining the usage cap or even I think reducing it in some cases.

Ok, it might not be an issue but 30GB per month or whatever might not be enough if you are downloading sound or video. Worth checking the small print.

Paul.

Something to watch out for is the total bandwidth limit you are allowed per month.  I've seen some companies upping the download speed, but either maintaining the usage cap or even I think reducing it in some cases.

Ok, it might not be an issue but 30GB per month or whatever might not be enough if you are downloading sound or video.  Worth checking the small print.

Paul.

"Don't forget your Karoo service gives you the ultimate UNLIMITED broadband experience.

You get the peace of mind of a fixed monthly fee with no unexpected bills while

allowing you to surf and download as much as you like, with no cut-offs or

restrictions to your broadband service. And all with a local telephone support

hotline, staffed by Hull-based consultants that understand your needs."

:thumbsup:

CAn't fault NTL??? never heard that before!!

Can't fault ntl: Home (cable), ntl: Freedom (adsl) on the other hand suck :yes:

We have a 2mb service - not sure who its with now (Rich deals with the net and he's recently changed it!) but I know its definitely under 20 quid :thumbsup:

hmm seems I win on this one, but not in a good way :( £34.08, yes all of that 8p is very important!

that's a 1mb connection using Pipe Media on a satelite Broadband AirDSL, the only way I can get any sort of broadband in my area. Hopefully will change when Sam & I get our place in a few weeks, fingers crossed.

Kev

internet companies cant monitor how much u download yet :P

They certainly can, they normally monitor it at the switch. A lot don't bother doing full analysis and logs but instead use software to look out for high amounts of use from one area, if they then find high useage they will log that connection further.

My ISP recently contacted me to say my useage was well above average and they just wanted to check that I didn't have any viruses on my machine which were using bandwidth. I assured them my Virus checkers were up to date, and that it was probably the P2P programs I was running, they said that explained it and that was that! I currently have a 500GB /month cap with 8mbit. I definatley am no where near the 500GB!!

! meg with 6Gb download cap (though I've never reached it) - £22.99 a month.

Wanadoo broadband option 2.

They certainly can, they normally monitor it at the switch. A lot don't bother doing full analysis and logs but instead use software to look out for high amounts of use from one area, if they then find high useage they will log that connection further.

My ISP recently contacted me to say my useage was well above average and they just wanted to check that I didn't have any viruses on my machine which were using bandwidth. I assured them my Virus checkers were up to date, and that it was probably the P2P programs I was running, they said that explained it and that was that! I currently have a 500GB /month cap with 8mbit. I definatley am no where near the 500GB!!

lol well that might be ur ISP but wanadoo cant. the rep told me a few weeks ago that there is now way they can monitor it atm

In that case I'm going back to option 1 !!

Tiscali £24.99 unlimited. Their service has been REALLY pants sometimes but at the moment its working fine. Gonna switch to freeuk soon anyway who have an 8Mb line for £19.99 unlimited :D

btw tiscali monitor download usage too, you can even check the exact number of bytes you've downloaded in a session in their members area.

Actually, you are very wrong..

well, i can't comment on whether UK ISP's actually have the ability, but certainley the technology exists, not only to measure how much you download, but also what...

So, if you download a Gig - there is software which can work out exactly how much is HTTP, JPEG's, MP3's etc... it can identify webcam streams, VoIP calls.

Hell, it can even read every single address of every website you visit.

;)

oh, and i pay £27.00 a month for 512k, because i cant upgrade my line without losing my unlimited bandwidth...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links