Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Train Congestion Charging

Fidgits

Okay, firstly you might wonder why I'm posting this on a car forum, but go with me for a minute.

I heard on the news, that because they are expecting more people to use the trains in the next 5 years, and most on already overcrowded routes, they are planning on adding a 'congestion charge', which will put up prices by 25%...

So, just to get this straight - Labour is trying to 'price people out of their cars and into public transport', but said public transport is overcrowded already, so will put prices up to make the alternative less attractive.

Which will mean, we will all end up paying much more, for exactly what we all do now....

I voted in the election so I am well within my rights to reply to theis post.

I think that Labour are a bunch of :censor: :censor: and all the :censor: :censor: :censor: who voted them in deserve a :censor: good :censor: and not only that a :censor: :censor: :censor: , only a :censor: :censor: would think that their proposals are sensible, but you voted the :censor: :censor: into power (you know who I mean) so ENJOY!

Another thing I think Labour are :censor: :censor: :censor: , :censor: , :thumbsup:

I think that Labour are a bunch of :censor:  :censor:  and all the :censor:  :censor:  :censor: who voted them in deserve a  :censor:  good :censor: and not only that a :censor:  :censor:  :censor: , only a  :censor:  :censor: would think that their proposals are sensible, but you voted the :censor:  :censor: into power (you know who I mean) so ENJOY!

Another thing I think Labour are  :censor:  :censor:  :censor: , :censor: ,  :thumbsup:

:lol: quality post

I think that Labour are a bunch of :censor:  :censor:  and all the :censor:  :censor:  :censor: who voted them in deserve a  :censor:  good :censor: and not only that a :censor:  :censor:  :censor: , only a  :censor:  :censor: would think that their proposals are sensible, but you voted the :censor:  :censor: into power (you know who I mean) so ENJOY!

lol i actually agree with that! theyre just talking crap! <_< :angry:

Public transport should be just that -- publicly owned, state subsidized, no conflict of interests between the necessity of shareholders' profit and pumping enough money into safety. And what about the environmental aspect -- a green labour?

And if the trains have so many people on them, why is it that there isn't enough profit to have more capacity? A shambles, and it goes to show that all speeches about the importance of public transport are exactly that -- nothing but talk.

I have no idea whether these people simply don't have the courage to adhere to their convictions or whether it's simply because they're liars.

Oh, the witty slogan... errr. mmm... Brtish Rail are Telling Tales. Maybe not so hot. OK, :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

Hopefully common sense will prevail and the governement will put a block on public transport charging more as it conflicts with the message they are trying to sell about getting out of the car.

TBH IMO the pay-as-you-drive option isn't viable until you address the issue of the vast majority of companies being located in the south of the country which means a lot of people driving hundreds of miles south every week just to earn a living.

Make public transport less attractive by putting prices up due to congestion and then people decide to use there own cars as the cheaper alternative, thus increasing congestion on roads, and, oh look, the pay per mile scheme may benefit here. :ffs: :wacko::unsure:

I've recently been watching 'Yes Minister' on DVD. Certainly sounds like one of Sir Humphrey's plots.

Avensis wagon Posted Today, 10:13 AM

I've recently been watching 'Yes Minister' on DVD. Certainly sounds like one of Sir Humphrey's plots.

:yes::yes: Thats what I was thinking i've got the Yes minister and Yes Priminister Books

Where I live (in the frozen wastes of shropshire) we have a rubbish train system and a none existant bus service (Actually we do have one reliable train service ... The Severn Valley railway, a heritage steam railway!).

I would say we have a '3rd world railway' but that would be desrespectful ...the 3rd worlds railway network is fantastic, built of course by ...the British many years ago.

I now I hear about this 'penny a mile <_< <_< I can soon see that becoming 'POUND a mile' :ffs: !

I could go on, and on ,and ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links