Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Debt Help Agency

Tegan

Before it starts no its not me thats in debt, im extremely good with money :yes:

--but somebody who i know, i watched a thing on the news about a debt help agency who negotiate interest rates on your loans and credit cards if your in a mess- cant seem to find it though

does anybody know the number? website etc? :unsure:

Why not contact a good independant financial adviser and they will sort things out by switching mortgages (if they have one and if it has no penalties) then consolodating a loan. :thumbsup:

I think debtfree direct are one.... um.. debtsolver..... um...

I should know these things... we deal with a few's online marketing :P lol

thanks guys, ill try that debt free direct- i think the consolidating has gone a bit too far already

but just to put in into perspective they took on a loan for £14K and will be paying back £51K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now thats extortion!

I have been down this road myself (getting out of debt). The best people they can speak to is National Debtline or the Citizens Advice Bureau. National Debline is recommended by all the watchdogs and the government. The CAB is there to give advice and will probably refer the person to National Debtline anyway, but they are good listeners and the advice is professional and free. They will also be able to advise on legal matters that can arise from various debtors.

Links:

National Debt Line

C.A.B

DO NOT USE Debt Free Direct, they are a load of :censor: .

Im with them and thay have messed me about left, right and centre and you have to put up with there :censor: cuz its a legal binding contract for 5 years.

They tell you one thing and mean another.

Steer clear of them.

Kirstie :D

While were on the topic, who knows what about Bankruptcy ???

If your 15k+ in debt with other companies possibly to find you any real agency would be able to sort out a loan over 10 years for example...

What are Cheers Fella RAnyone know the pro's and con's of bankruptcy as the ties are only there for 6 yrs. As far as I can see it you can't hold Public Office ro Directors position for 12 months, can't get credit for 6yrs but would have next to know outgoings for the debts so would be pullniog home an extra £600+ a month ???

Just seems like a better option but don't knwo the full picture.

The safest option is Citizens Advice Breau.They deal with these issues day in and day out.

However well intentioned - Advice from friends/colleagues etc can be misleading. :thumbsup:

My bro is currently going through all this :(

Went to a debt help agency, was just about to sign all the forms then they decided they couldnt help.

He's gone to the CAB now, and its slowly all being sorted out. He's having to declare himself bankrupt due to the amount of debt, and its the last option for him :(

sounds like their best bet it the CAB then, that debt free direct sounds well dodgy! :(

i have been helping them myself, and no im not a financial advisor but i have managed to save them £155 so far a month, some people just need a bit of a kick to stop spending money on silly things, like sky tv etc

also the bank charges were accounting to hundreds each month and also payment protection plans and insurance etc on credit cards that they didnt even know they were paying <_<

bit of advice for anybody if you have no will power do not get a credit card!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links