Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying A Corrolla

n0e

Hi,

I'm totally new to Toyotas and my Vectra is giving me VERY expensive problems, so its time to change.

I don't have a lot of cash as it's been ploughed into the VX, so I've been looking @ 1992 Corrolla GTI's with full service history for around the grand mark.

Does anyone have any buyers advice ?

Thanks in advance

Jay

other than the usual stuff, totoyta's are usually dammed good as are most jap cars (its not very good, shameful etc to build bad quality..) so the body work and panels etc should be in tip top condition. there were a few electrical connections on my 1992 toyota that i just bought that had gone so check all switches, i'd say make sure that the air con works also as mine needed a recharge and i got this added to the deal. happy hunting :thumbsup:

Cheers for that...but you forgot to mention the rust problems around the wheel arch, or was that just this particular car.

Drove nice tho, felt very solid, shame about the rust.

Cheers for that...but you forgot to mention the rust problems around the wheel arch, or was that just this particular car.

Drove nice tho, felt very solid, shame about the rust.

if your looking to spend about a grand... then i will keep an eye out for ya..

actually, have you looked at the Autotrader yet?

this one aint a GTi buts its cheap... lol

1994 TOYOTA COROLLA 1.6 GLi 5DR,

1994, L reg. 97000 miles, 2 former keepers, FSH, PAS, c/locking, stereo, r/cass, MoT 24/09/03, excellent condition, any trial. £1,250 . ono.

in white...

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/s...dia?id=33870063

heres another one.. more like what you are lookin for..

1992 TOYOTA Corolla GTi, 1992, J

reg. White with grey trim, last owner 5 years, 5 spoke alloys , clifford alarm, 12 mths mot,loads of history. £895 . 01257 422224 Langtree Garage, Standish. sales@wickedkit.com.

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/s...dia?id=33901502

I've driven a corolla for 5 years now. It's a 92. Over the years I've had to put some money in her, a bhg, new u joints, new exhaust manifold, but it does have some heavy mileage on it 130k. Overall, I don't have any complaints. They're a great commuter car, as well as being fantastic highway cars. I can get 350 miles to the tank highway miles and around 300 city miles. Despite the repairs I've had to do, as long as you keep it up, they're a great car. Mine is still running strong and probably will be for the next 70k miles. Beware on the older models of a loud noise that sounds like an exhaust problem. It's often that the catalytic converter has gone bad (the honeycombs inside break down) and it's kind of common in cars that are older (so I've noticed). I hope that helps.

:D

the sunroof will probably have rusted to some degree, at the corners - watch out for this, it can be really bad and spread to the roof! as already stated, the wheelarches (especially the rear ones) can go badly

check around the bodykit - any rust showing bubbling will be much worse if you were to take the kit off. other than that, just the usual checks. good luck!

BTW, the model you are after is an AE92,with the 4A-GE engine - go for a later car (H, J plate), they got the 129bhp engine.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links