Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Had My Pipe Polished - Ooerr!

dj_davo

so after 3 and a half hours with various grades of wet n dry, a spongy sanding block, some sanding wheels, a polishing wheel, a drill, a terry towel, and some autosol i got my standard rusty looking zorst to look like new, or dare i say - aftermarket.

i am very pleased and think it has improved the back end considerably.

i would recommend doing this yourself peeps - those with rusty looking standard zorsts that is. :thumbsup:

rearend.jpg

shinyzorst.jpg

looks clean enough for you to fold up the little grille?

hmmm.

i don't know, you know - i kinda like the grille.

just polished and waxed it too. :D

or how bout sprayin it red? all that hard work youve done would be showed off more if that grill didnt stand out, best thing i did was get rid of mine, what size are your tyres? they look HUUUUGGGGGEEEE!

:D

they're 245/40/17's.

mmm all that rubber :lol:

what grades of W&D did you use?

i want to get my blitz one to a full mirror finish

i wanted to use 1500 and work up towards a coubikr one, but homebase didny have any! :lol:

i bought a multipack (various grades) by 3m (the brand).

£2.99 i think for 1 coubik, 1 fine, 2 medium. the coubik grade was 240 i think, and the fine was 600, medium 400.

needed 2 packs for my filthy exhaust, plus i also used a harshish sanding block - a spongy foam one. i only used this on the most ground in bits.

i also used some little sanding wheels from wickes, £2ish each. again, 1 fine, 1 medium, 1 coubik, and worked my way downwards towards fine.

i cant stress how good autosol polish is. £4.99 from halfrauds! absolutely lifted the dirt and grime and left it on my now soiled terry towels.

did about 3 application - on, then off, then polish with the polishing wheel. £8.99 i think, and another £8.99 i think for the rubbery attachment that it ties onto - that goes into the drill.

as you can see reasonably cheap materials, that i can use again - with the exception of the wet n dry. well worth it. :D

hth :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links