Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pop Up Lights?

scoobyspanker

I've seen some MR2's, GT4's etc.. with the light only half-way up? Does anyone know how to do this :help:

I've seen some MR2's, GT4's etc.. with the light only half-way up? Does anyone know how to do this :help:

yep... blow a fuse when raising them.... :P

on a serious note.. i think i have seen a couple but they looked really stupid... which means they didn't mean to do it... i think..?

scooby,

the effect is achieved using a 'pivot pop-up headlight controller' retailing at about £80 last time i saw

www.toucanindustries.com or search for 'headlight controller' in google

01472 356800 is the number for kits-n-bits which may have them

There is a winder on the lights also for manual movement incase a fuse or similar goes wrong.

You can set the down (zero) point for them using it.

There is a winder on the lights also for manual movement incase a fuse or similar goes wrong.

You can set the down (zero) point for them using it.

ahh...now thats interestin info...

do you know how to get to it?

Look inside the bonnet near the lights. It is either a knurled plastic knob or a bolt (socket). Can't remember. It's been a while since I've had a popup.

or alternatively keep an eye on the website www.revision6.com as they will be launching there low rise lights for the mr2 shortly....

or alternatively keep an eye on the website www.revision6.com as they will be launching there low rise lights for the mr2 shortly....

or better yet... you could keep an eye out for me since you must live in those forums as well... :thumbsup::ph34r::rolleyes:

www.revision6.com doesn't have a forum, it's a sales site for revision6 products like the rear light clusters...

only do mr2 products, at current only one being marketed which is the rear light conversion but a couple more on the way...

www.revision6.com doesn't have a forum, it's a sales site for revision6 products like the rear light clusters...

only do mr2 products, at current only one being marketed which is the rear light conversion but a couple more on the way...

:thumbsup:

ahh... nice one..

cheers for the info....

cheers guys, I will be checking your help out soon! It may look like !Removed! but I want to try! :ffs:

Is this done with the lights on or off?

You can get the look you are after with out buying any mod or playing around under the bonnet, But it only works if the lights are off.

If you want the lights to only be half way up,

1) Pull the light leaver towards you. (lights must be in the off position.)

2) the lights come up and flash.

3) as soon as you see the lights start to go down. Turn the light control forwards two clicks. (Side light position.)

This should stop the lights half way up. It may take some practice to get it spot on but it aint that hard.

Dunno if this puts any extra strain on the light units??

Is this done with the lights on or off?

You can get the look you are after with out buying any mod or playing around under the bonnet, But it only works if the lights are off.

If you want the lights to only be half way up,

1) Pull the light leaver towards you. (lights must be in the off position.)

2) the lights come up and flash.

3) as soon as you see the lights start to go down. Turn the light control forwards two clicks. (Side light position.)

This should stop the lights half way up. It may take some practice to get it spot on but it aint that hard.

Dunno if this puts any extra strain on the light units??

cheers m8ty! will have a blast tonight, it's a silly question really but it can look quite cool!?! :eek:

I am a half way pop up light hater.

I think it looks like you have faulty lights, I know its a personal pref. thing :P

I am a half way pop up light hater.

I think it looks like you have faulty lights, I know its a personal pref. thing :P

agre completely, unless ofcourse it's obviously a low rise kit :)

pop up headlights are the best :D

can't wait to get an mx5 (or for the purposes of this forum an MR2)

:hokus-pokus:

A couple of the MR2's at my local meet do it there cars and it looks really cool...but it's not something I would do everyday, just at a meet or something like that??

I agree with Nicola on this one. Use them as they were intended is my thought. They look great in a window reflection as you cruise down Oxford Street at 3am. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links