Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vibrating At 4500rpm

msherry21

Hi all, right, my problem is....that in every gear at 4500rpm my car makes a vibrating sound(in between turbo chatter and the sound the car makes when it goes over those small speed bump thingys). I don't push it past that incase I break anything expensive, like the car!!

Please help, I recently removed the throttle body to paint, could the problem lie there, I'll take it apart tomorrow and check.

thanks for any replies.

michael.

Hi all, right, my problem is....that in every gear at 4500rpm my car makes a vibrating sound(in between turbo chatter and the sound the car makes when it goes over those small speed bump thingys). I don't push it past that incase I break anything expensive, like the car!!

Please help, I recently removed the throttle body to paint, could the problem lie there, I'll take it apart tomorrow and check.

thanks for any replies.

michael.

Sounds strange, I'm not sure what it is but its a bit of a co-incidence that the TVIS system kicks in around then so maybe its something to do with that.

been driving about today, once every so often it doesn't do it and goes through the rev range strong, its hitting full boost, If I push it past the 4000/45000rpm(vibrating noise) it continues to pull hard to the red line, anyone any ideas? I'm stuck!

the engine bay, sounds like the turbo fluttering but its making full boost without any problems...apart from the 4500rpm thing! Could it be the Unichip messing around, don't really wanna go back to dastek till I have the new fuel pump/ charge cooler fitted.

I'd say check the exhaust heatshield, mine was making a horrible rattly noise at around 3-4000rpm, it still does it occasionally now.

I'd say check the exhaust heatshield, mine was making a horrible rattly noise at around 3-4000rpm, it still does it occasionally now.

i know this is a mk2 but my mk1 heat sheild rattles aswell so id say check that micheal

it can get very annoying! :angry:

cheers guys and gals, I'll check it out now! really want it fixed for going down to the Envy meet.

I have a clicky CV joint noise thing... nothing major, but I'm gonna have to put up with it on the way down to the envy meet!!.... lol.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links