Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Needed Mr2

m_r_stu

Hi guys n gals i'm stu and i'm new here so be gentle :D

After thinking insurance on an MR2 would be impossible I got a few quotes and found out it isn't so i'm over the moon :D

I basically know very little about them so any help will be very much appriciated.

What i'm hoping you guys can help me out with is a detailed list of things to look out for when going to look at them and when test driving them.

I'm looking at getting a mk2 NA GT T-bar UK model. Standard, i'm not into bodykits etc.

This is the one i'm considering buying but I'm not sure whether it's overpriced.

If i'm asking for too much tell me to sod off :D

Any help will be greatly appriciated

Stu

There are always 'new starers' on here looking for advice, so dont worry. :group-cuddles:

Just go to it as any other car, there will be more, so dont be rushed. Check for rust on arches and sils / door bottoms all round. ;)

Check for wear on seats..does it match the millage.

When was it last serviced...how many owners ?

Have a look through the threads, there is loads of info for newbies, and info on all the revisions etc on te top of this forum. :D

(PS, icant get to the Autotrader link...it dont work!!) :huh:

Oh, and welcome to the club (if u buy one!) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcome fella and the info :thumbsup:

Oh right I didn't realise the link was broke. Well here it is.

1998 TOYOTA MR2 GT T-Bar Sports 2dr Coupe,

Petrol, 46,000 miles, . Ferrari Red, petrol, manual, full Toyota Service History, 1 full years MOT, new cam belt, black leather interior, 6 CD player, air con, electric windows and mirrors, alloy wheels, PAS, remote central locking with auto start, foglights, immobliser - 2 owners, garage kept, well looked after and much loved.

£7,250. It has actually come down £1000 since last night from £8,250

Well what do you guys think ?? I would ideally like one with low as possible miles and this one is spot on.

Many thanks

Stu :thumbsup:

Sounds Good :thumbsup:

Thats a 1998 car, so it should be mint id say !

Think thats a REV 5 !! on that year !

Check out REV 5 Info :thumbsup:

and here for other info Thread

Go look at it, see if its any good if thats within your budget.

I paid £2500 for my Black Tubby T-Bar about 10 months ago, and that had 89k Miles on the clock...But is only a REV 1 ! (which is no bother to me, as ive only ever driven a rev 1 !) :D

The rev 5 will have loads of handling and performace enhancements !

1998 is the change over year between a rev4 and a rev5 so in theory could be either.

Looking at the price I'd say it was a rev5. As a guide I sold my rev5 T-bar in Mica Purple with 70k on the clock 15 months ago for £7500.

The one thing on the model you're looking at that stands out a mile is air conditioning, a rare and expensive optional extra in the UK so obviously that's gonna' bump the price up.

If it's sound I'd look to strike a deal at a realistic £6800 but maybe start at £6500 regardless of the recent reduction in price.

HTH

:thumbsup:

Excellent :thumbsup: Thanks for all the info lads I really appreciate it. I'll give them a call and hopefully see it this weekend.

I'll let you know how it goes and hopefuly i'll be the proud owner of it very soon :drool: :D

Stu

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links