Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacment Steering Wheel

celica kid

hi there

i was thinking of getting a momo steering wheel and was wondering if there is much hassle changing seen as the one in the car has an airbag

Piece of cake, just undo EVERY screw you can see on the wheel and the column and its that easy. You do need to give is a GREAT BIG pull and a wiggle at one point to get it off. :lol:

Does any know if the 6th gen, 7 gen or even the MR2 steering wheels are a direct replacement?

or am I going to have to get one of the butt ugly boss adapter kits??

Cheers

If you have an airbag fitted in your car then I wouldn't try and take the steering wheel off.

Take it to you Toyota dealer and get them to do it.

Air bags are a piece of ***** to remove, once you get the unit out simply unplug the wire. And thats the airbag disabled.

Honestly dude do it. Its easy. :lol:

Does any know if the 6th gen, 7 gen or even the MR2 steering wheels are a direct replacement?

Cheers

All wheels have a universal connection. :hokus-pokus:

Cheers

All wheels have a universal connection. :hokus-pokus:

I know most wheels are the same mate, but I dont think that the boses are the same? :blink:

I know for my corolla that they are diffrent, the wheel looks much the same as the celica and the supra but I have been told by another member that for my car I would need an mr2 boss if I wanted to change the wheel :!Removed!:

just my 2 cents

Oh ok, i always thought they were the same.

Oh well. :rolleyes:

I hated the wheel that came standard with my GT4 but the more i look at it the more i like it.

Im just gonna live with it now.

More money toward optimax. :lol:

There is allways the TRD steering wheel thats lovely but a :censor: load of money but it would fit straight on :thumbsup: and also have the airbag!!!! :thumbsup:

I would love to get rid of mine but dont want to give up the airbag :crybaby:

when removing the steering whell with an air bag disconnectthe Battery and take out the fuse for it as well to be sure becuase static electictry can cause it ot expload... also all YELLOW wires are aig bag wires.. and ot take a steering wheel off u need a steering wheel puller.... :P figured I'd edit this and filli nwhat i forgot.. when taking off a steering wheel.... the wheel sits on splines and most have a master spline.so its a good idea to make a note of that and just giving it a great big pull will only damage the splines so use a puller they are actully pretty cheap around here. and of course all of the plastic covers do not have ot come off just he air bag or trim cover with the horn. usually there is screws .. botu 4 to remove that... but i know on corollas its a kinda switch that u gotta push over with a scrwew driver to pop the center off and and expose the wheel nut. just be carefull with the splines and i really suggest a puller

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links