Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K+n 57i Induction Kit

DrMR2

One of my previous cars was a Vauxhall Calibra 2.0 16v DOHC, i fitted a 57i induction kit to this and found that the idling was out, it kept stalling when i took my foot off the accelerator. I reset the engine managment system but to no avail. I then took the car to a performance tuning, rolling road place who looked at it (Vauxhall had no idea why), the o2 sensor was checked and alot of parts were cleaned up, but still no cure. The filter then sat in my garage for years, i think it is still there now actually.

I am keen to fit a simiar device to my MR2 but dont want to run through all that hassle again. When the kit was up and working in the old car (when not on idle) it sounded and responded great.

Any advice?

You won't have any issues with fitting a filter/induction kit to your mr2 mate. I've yet to hear of any anyway.

Not sure what to recommend for a n/a tho. Apexi are the dogs dangly bits for turbo cars.

I hawe K&N k57i kit for SW20 NA and it is working fine, only problem is that filter is too close to engine, so it must be devided from engine by some thermal seald or put on longer pipe

I ran a K&N on my Rev3 (1995) N/A and had no problems at all.

Disconnect the Battery or EFi fuse before changing the filter. After K&N fitted - re-connect the battery/EFi fuse (ECU now reset) and take the car for a blast (obviously waiting for it to get to temp before giving it any welly).

You should imediately notice the improved throttle response especially at higher revs. The growl the filter gives over 4500rpm will just make the smile on your face bigger :D

My car was put on a Rolling Road before I fitted the K&N and reached 171.5bhp. Three months, A K&N, a full service and plenty of Optimax later I put the car on the R/R again and hit 183.5bhp.

Granted it wasn't the same R/R, but it was the same system/machines and there were some same club members present at both R/R meets with a mix of both gains and losses.

Cheers guys, appreciate the advice! (now searching for available K+N induction kits!!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links