Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

War Of The Worlds

silvasurfa

Went to see it last night... Not that impressed. The visuals were excellent, as you`d expect from Spielberg.  The plot pretty much the same as the book. But what truly spoilt it for me was the screeching brat. My god if she were mine i`d have given her to the aliens to experiment on. And the son with attitude. Unfortunately he didn`t get killed off. Cruise was ok, Never came across as much of a father figure,which I suppose was the point. All in all i give it 6/10  :thumbsup:

I think the fact he was distant from his kids was the point!

Screeching brat is Dakota Fanning - the most talented (believe it or not!) child actor to come out of the US for a while - she played Allie Keys in Taken and was also in I am Sam. Watch her in Taken and you'll see how fantastic she is - that girl will go far! :thumbsup:

gonna see it this week so dont spoil it, but ive seen the 1958 version lots of times so i know whats gonna happen, the original was a book written in 1890 by hg wells, which was then adapted for radio in 193-summit, which had a fake radio interruption in it sayin that aliens are attacking the earth which supposedly caused widespread panic over america and rumored to caused a few suicides(not proven)

jayla i aint seen the new one but i assume the ending is the same, they were slowly poisoned by oxygen and died, hence sudden ending.

i cant wait to see madagascar, am i such a big kid? my 4 yr old niece wants to come with me but i wanna see it myself first so i dont get interrupted.

I'm gonna take Laura to go and see it at the weekend I think.

Looks awesome!

sorry but they as usual in my opinion ruined the film...

the old version is WAY better IMO..

there were to many special effects enhancements which wrecked the film.

J

Went to see it last night... Not that impressed. The visuals were excellent, as you`d expect from Spielberg.  The plot pretty much the same as the book. But what truly spoilt it for me was the screeching brat. My god if she were mine i`d have given her to the aliens to experiment on. And the son with attitude. Unfortunately he didn`t get killed off. Cruise was ok, Never came across as much of a father figure,which I suppose was the point. All in all i give it 6/10   :thumbsup:

I think the fact he was distant from his kids was the point!

Screeching brat is Dakota Fanning - the most talented (believe it or not!) child actor to come out of the US for a while - she played Allie Keys in Taken and was also in I am Sam. Watch her in Taken and you'll see how fantastic she is - that girl will go far! :thumbsup:

She was also in "Man on FIre", now that is a sweet film, if you haven't seen it, SEE IT!!! :yes:

up until the last 15 mins i thought it was the best film i`ve ever see, 100% in every way,but the ending was so quick and so crap it was like it was 5.50pm on a friday and the writers were in a rush home so someone came up with a crap ending and the boss say o.k write it quick and then they went home, the ending let it down for me

But thats how the book ends isnt it?

don`t know EM, is it, right same appies to him, he must have be in a rush to :lol:

i didnt like it myself, it dragged a bit in places and the end was a bit of a non event.... ended within 5-10 minuutes of the plot picking up :/

special effects were awesome tho.

The special effects were great! Really made the film!

Went to see it last night... Not that impressed. The visuals were excellent, as you`d expect from Spielberg.  The plot pretty much the same as the book. But what truly spoilt it for me was the screeching brat. My god if she were mine i`d have given her to the aliens to experiment on. And the son with attitude. Unfortunately he didn`t get killed off. Cruise was ok, Never came across as much of a father figure,which I suppose was the point. All in all i give it 6/10  :thumbsup:

It wasnt bad overall but the ending was just too quick! And yeah, that lass' screams went right through you! Grrr!

I watched batman the other week and it was pretty much on par IMO, lol.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links