Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weight Of The Mk1

Tegan

Just curious to know how much the mk1 weighs?

And from being in robs mk2 id say there was a significant difference between them in weight, anybody have the figures? :)

Hi Tegan

I have got a old book on the MK1 which i found in my car. But it's in Japanese :crybaby: Now just looking at the spec the weight is i think depending on the model is 1060kg compared to the MK2 model which is 1260kg.

Hope that this helps mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Thanks jerry your a star just what i wanted,

there is a considerable difference then,

its just with the mk1 im very aware of whenever there is the slightest breeze and i do very often have to fight with the car to keep it on the road when crossing over high bridges etc

i have to slow down sometimes as im really not used to the weight yet, i feel a lot safer when driving the mk2 even though its a turbo , it just feels more steady :)

Hey what i'll do at JAE i will bring the book along and you can see all the different models in the book with the optional extras what where available. It's good to look through. I'm going to hang onto these books as they are original and i have also got books on the MK2 as well. Quite a lucky find i must say :thumbsup:

jerry!

Thanks hun,

i have got a owners manual but doesnt say anything in there (not that i can find) about the weight, ill look forward to looking through them ;)

Did they come with your car? always seem to find random things in these mr2's rob found a strange jap stamp thing in his when he bought it , we still havent worked out what it is yet :lol:

Yes thats right i found it in one of the storage bins behind the seats 3 brochures of MR2 cars :thumbsup: Sweet and they are all in good condition ;)

jerry!!

Tegan, I have been told the MKIb with a sunroof has a kerb weight of around 1060kg and the MKIa with a sunroof has a kerb weight of 980kg. This is mainly down to body kit and alloys.

But you also need to take into account that some of the cars will have extra options. T-Bar cars weigh more for a start. Then there are some with aircon. Add more weight for fuel too.

Did you also know that there was a 1.5 engine as well :eek: Well according to my brochure there is :blink:

jerry!!

Thanks hun,

i have got a owners manual but doesnt say anything in there (not that i can find) about the weight, ill look forward to looking through them ;)

Did they come with your car?  always seem to find random things in these mr2's rob found a strange jap stamp thing in his when he bought it , we still havent worked out what it is yet :lol:

yeah that was random

really must get a pic of it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links