Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mot's

kirst_ie

Has anyone seen the new MOT's, had mine done yesterday and it failed :( on 4 stupid thing :angry: , sun strip to big, side light out, front number plate fell off and my hazard switch had fell down the back of the dash.

But its done on computer now and its hard to forge one, cuz the MOT cert had a bar code on that gets sent the the DVLA and the police can tell if your cars' MOT'd just by searching for your reg number on there new compter thing and ot tell then if you've got tax, MOT and insurance.

Yes, a pain in the *****.. the computer is plugged into the emissions testing part, making it impossibl;e for decatted cars ona K plate or newer..

I was so chuffed to have a "last off the line" K plate mkiii :crybaby:

Karma Supra Posted Yesterday, 09:31 PM

Yes, a pain in the *****.. the computer is plugged into the emissions testing part, making it impossibl;e for decatted cars ona K plate or newer..

I was so chuffed to have a "last off the line" K plate mkiii 

So the nice bloke at the M.O.T Station very kindly sticks the probe up the exhaust pipe of a 'non catted' car thats in just to get a good reading :lol: ...allegedly :rolleyes:

At the end of the day emissions is not a safety concern :yes:

Unfortunately my MOT man is not that leaniant :crybaby:

Yep,

got one of those new MOT's for my AE86 this saturday just gone (Which happened to go straight through by the way - not bad considering its 19 years old :D )

Hopefully it will cut down on the number of cars going around with no MOT/Tax/Insurance etc etc.... gotta be a good thing eh.......?

Rash.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links