Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Insurance Companies

Heathy

Hi, what are the best insurance companies to insure an MR2 for a young driver. I am 17 the best quote I have had so far is £2189 but that is as a named driver, £6112 on my own. My car is a Standard MR2 1990 model non turbo.

thanks

Steven

Good luck trying to get better than that at 17 mate!

try elephant.co.uk, i'm with them and pay pennies but i am a good bit older than you :D

adrian flux, even if you get a better quote elsewhere they will beat it, tweak your information give the company, like up your excess and drop the value of your car remember they never give you what you want for it, actualy work out how many miles you cover per year rarther than just guess, the less time the know your on the road the less chance you could have of crashing, stuff like that makes your quote cheaper

try elephant.co.uk, i'm with them and pay pennies but i am a good bit older than you  :D

29 :rolleyes:

try elephant.co.uk, i'm with them and pay pennies but i am a good bit older than you  :D

29 :rolleyes:

yeah yeah :lol:

For the quote I got I had the value at £2500 and the milage at 4000 thanks for your help i'll give adrian flux a call in the morning.

thanks

get as many people on the insurance as you can, few people i know that have had high performance cars when younger got insured by irish companies, may be worth looking ionto it, i'll ask for more details cos i wasnt bothered at the time

I think youll find most companies wont even give you the time of the day on a mr2 at 17, most "cheap" companies such as elephant require you to be 21 at least, the ones that will insure you are out there to rip you off

Tis true, the MR2 is such a high risk car, it might be a Ferrari for Fiesta money but running it is a another story, at 17 I was driving about in my mums Astra, at 19 I bought my first car, an 850cc mini..

Saying that, my 19 year old ex g/f has a 1992 rev 2 turbo and her insurance as a named driver with her dad is £2000.. she did well to say its her first car.

you pay way too much insurance money over there... my Rev2 cost me roughly 600 quid to insure on me as named driver, 18 years old

I know the MR2 is a high risk car, but when your 17 all insurance compaines are going to rip you off whatever you drive.

I can't understand people who buy cars like saxos or corsas and spend thousands modifying them, most of them are just inexperienced boy racers who end up putting up insurance prices for everyone else. :(

I'd rather pay the extra insurance on a MR2 which looks great standard and at least it will hold its value when you come to sell it.

I'll have a look into irish insurance companies houston, but will it still be valid in england?

thanks for the help everyone :yes:

asked about it and you have to find a company that can specifically cover you, they told me they did this for very high performance cars and dont know how it would do for an mr2, worth a try though

asked about it and you have to find a company that can specifically cover you, they told me they did this for very high performance cars and dont know how it would do for an mr2, worth a try though

Do you have any names of insurance companies, all of the ones I can find require you to live in ireland and to have a irish driving license :wacko:

Do you have any names of insurance companies, all of the ones I can find require you to live in ireland and to have a irish driving license :wacko:

sorry i got no names, this is goin back a few year when they used to do this, i remember them sayin they actually drove over there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links