Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

F-1 Rule Changes

toyotainnascarin04

I don't follow f-1 a whole lot however i do like to keep an eye on it esp now with toyota making a run at it. However F-1 needs to fix its series. First thing that needs to be done is the points system it should be more of a nascar style it makes ofr closer points races and championships.. last year's nascar results had 2nd place finisher mark martin just 38 points behind tony stewart.. 38 points in nascar is very close. Everyone in the race needs to get points. And I'm very happy ot see team orders are not allowed anyone cause what happned last year was a mockery. Also the changes that where planned for this year needed to come into affect this year instead of waiting yet another year. I believe the changes were tractrion control and speed control or something. Why wait? Without these things i think the racving well be alot better than it is now cause drivers will not be able to just stand on the gas anymore they will kinda have ot baby it off the corners. Also the racing has been very boring the past nunmber of years. I don't know what you can do to fix it but it seems that who ever leads off the start has the race won if they don't :censor: up. Thats just my thoughs agree or disagree you can decide for your self but thats how i see.. alot of you may think I'm full of :censor: but i think thatsomething has to be done with F-1. All the same i still wanna see Toyota win or get a top 3 sometime this year.

Adam S. Rowe

I agree there should be more points positions although theres more this year than last year: top 8 as to top six.

The changes were put back because among other things they were to help keep costs down, the teams just didn't have enough time to change their cars and get in the required tests.

The argument for the electronic aids was that the F1 cars are supposed to be the pinnacle of car design and that incudes all the latest electronic devices (unfortunately).

Toyota finishing on the podium this season is very unlikely, they've got a lot of catching up to do. Doesn't help when a large percentage of the pit crew are still hanging on from the WRC campaigns. New F1 people with experience are what they need but the bosses in Tokyo aren't keen on buying in talent apparently

I think F1 is better this year but the changes don't really go far enough.

Hopefully Toyota will have a better GP in Quebec this weekend

Its a real shame you know because i really feel that F-1 could be alot better with the changes and i feel that toyota could win some races with all the money they are using ot support the teams. I guess we will be forced ot wait another year

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links