Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Bay Polishing.

Uncle Bob

Spent a few hours with some wire wool and some metal polish, and i'm very pleased with the results, to make a better job, i unclipped the air filter housing, this gave very good access, as you can see,i also done the tin heat shield to good affect :) .

gallery_392_179_1120908903.jpg

gallery_392_179_1120909500.jpg

You must have a lot of time on your hands! :D

Certainly looks the part. Nice job! My give mine a little elbow grease now - if I can be bothered!

Is the heat shield plated - worried it might corrode if aggressively polished - does look nice though :)

Looks really good bob....I only lift the bonnet to check oil and water levels....but after seeing under the bonnets of the yaris's at the bubble meet(with my shirt hanging out :wacko: nobody tells you anything) I would like to clean the engine dept up a little.....what do you recommend....is steam cleaning still used.

Is the heat shield plated - worried it might corrode if aggressively polished - does look nice though  :)

I've polished other heat sheilds on Toyota cars ,and had no problems, but as with all polishing, once you start ,it needs to be kept up :( :)

Looks really good bob....I only lift the bonnet to check oil and water levels....but after seeing under the bonnets of the yaris's at the bubble meet(with my shirt hanging out  :wacko: nobody tells you anything) I would like to clean the engine dept up a little.....what do you recommend....is steam cleaning still used.

Keep away from steam cleans, they can do more harm than good :( , buy yourself some plumbers wire wool and have a little go on the rocker cover, if it looks good keep going.

Once its been wirewooled, use a tube of metal polish paste, then the finish is up to you, the more time you put into it ,the better the finish :yes: .

Click the link at the top of the page............Toyota/Lexus Car Care.

There's an Ebook you can download ( free ) all about cleaning every part of your car. It's well worth a read.

Fully agree with Bob about the steam cleaning..........Don't do it. Water ( in any form ) and electrics were never the best of friends !!

That's a fine looking engine there Bob. Nice one

Rich

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links