Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Quickie On Stereos

sewelly

Looking to get a single din CD player until i can afford a double DIN touch Screen DVD player. Just wondering what extras will you need to fit the stereo i have hear you need a bracket and a fascia adaptor or something like that.....Anyone help??

And also any ideas wer to get a cheap stereo from about 80quid or so??

cheers Hect!!!!

check out eBay for cheap stereos, you can pick up mp3 palyers for about £80 on there !!!

Dunno about a bracket, but i know you need a cover / pocket to fill the space (2nd DIN area !!)

brackets you can make yourself easy enough - for the ultimate in easiness simply go to Halfords and buy a pack of stereo brackets.

They're basically a couple of strips of mecano you cut to size and screw onto the side of the stereo. You'll have to bend them with some plyers into 90deg section but a child could do it, seriously.

As for the second din pocket I echo above - simple look on e-bay. You can find MR2 specific ones, OEM or even metal fascias with MR2 engraved on them if you want to be fancy. There’s also a range of non-brand specific ones you can buy... crappy things like cup holders and some ash trays or simple blanks or cubby holes for stashing stuff.

Yea your right you do need the add ons, its about £13 for the 2 brackets, and £16 for the spacer from any toyota garage. Just make sure you get the screws for the brackets or manufacturer something. I had fun with this last week.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links