Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Price Action

rossnova

This is taken from the forum i use most of the time and its an email to be sent regarding fuel taxes so if you think they are too high then please read this and copy the letter into an email and send it to thr address at the bottom that corresponds to your area.

Petrol Price Action.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optimax at my local Shell has gone up 5p in the last week!

It's now 94.9p a litre way over £4 a gallon.

Found this below on another forum........a lot of people are emailing the address that corresponds to their area, in order to try and get something done about the ridiculous fuel prices in the UK just now......anything is worth a try.....

Just copy and paste the main body (bold) into an email, and send to the email address that corresponds to your area........

"Its about time we all stood together and did something about this. Blocking pumps etc, never works, as the government control the news, and they will just turn the public who are too afraid to do anything against the motorists who DO strand against prices. But tens of thousands of emails should make them take notice............"

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am contacting you at my disgust at the cost of fuel in the UK.

We currently have one of the highest rates of taxation on fuel for any country in the world.

How can this be justified?

We have supported many of the oil producing countries in recent years with both financial and mortal costs, but still the price keeps increasing, at an alarming rate.

I appreciate the cost of crude has increased but the added exaggerated weight of tax on top is not acceptable.

Please explain to me how you arrive at this pricing structure and why?

I am sure that the cost is not indicative of the cost at source of crude. This is a fact that I believe is borne out by fuel prices at pumps worldwide.

Please give this mail the respect it deserves and respond with the relative answers.

Best regards.

The email addresses are:-

London@new.labour.org.uk

eastmidlands@new.labour.org.uk

eastern@new.labour.org.uk

north@new.labour.org.uk

northwest@new.labour.org.uk

scotland@new.labour.org.uk

southeast@new.labour.org.uk

southwest@new.labour.org.uk

wales@new.labour.org.uk

westmidlands@new.labour.org.uk

You never know. But its worth a try.

cheers

Yep. Why not. I sent two. South East and south west..... Well i`m kinda in the middle. :lol:

Mines sent - I think its disgusting to have to pay so much for fuel - it wouldnt be so bad if we had a half decent public transport system we could rely on instead - but we dont. :ffs:

Petrol people knew I was getting my new engine fitted, its 90.9p for regular at my local pump... its way higher than it was when we had the fuel crisis.

Its killing me!

Saying that, I went to Sainsburys at it was only 86.9.. I spoilt my car and put in £10 :P

Can see those email address's setting up filter's if everyone is copying the content would be so easy just to move it all to an unused folder and delete them all :(

• 2 weeks later...

Got a reply

Thank you for your email regarding the cost of fuel in the UK.

As you will know volatile world oil prices have resulted in higher UK pump prices than would otherwise have been expected in recent months. In response to volatile oil prices the government announced a continuation of the freeze on main road fuel duties for this year.

We have announced that we will defer the inflation increase in fuel duties, planned for 1 September, owing to sustained volatility in the oil market.  This will now be reviewed in the Pre-Budget Report.

Thank again for your enquiry. I hope this is of assistance

Regards,

Jacqueline Nally

Communications Unit

The Labour Party

Labour - the work goes on

Does explain why petrol at my local pump has gone up to 90p a litre..... a few months ago it was 79p a litre :ffs: :ffs:

I foresee problems..... :(

all done, best i get my derv back on the road. running a supra is fun but expensive.

baz

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links