Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev1 Tubby On Ebay

ZeroBlade

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4562973535&rd=1

That's the link. Looks ok, sounds promising. I know its a rev1, but the mods look sensible enough (to an extent).

Basically i want a t-bar tubby over the summer, and don't quite have the fundage for a mint rev3 yet...

What're your opinions peeps?

-Z

Looks promising apart from a few things :

It doesnt say whether or not it has MOT and when it runs out etc , and says that tyres will need changing before then,

It says Cd player and cassette player but then says that the gauges are beneath the cd player ? :wacko: I know thats not a major loss! Just wondering why he put that!

And by 'sunroof' im assuming he means t-bar?

Only got 1 month tax left

Its got black diamond discs on - these are the ones that ken had on at the 'ring and he suffered brake fade with these. (i would ask him for a more in depth opinion on these)

Says its got 318 brake but its limited to 130mph , why? surely if you had spent that sort of money on it you would want it as fast as possible (i know he says 'to avoid going to jail' but obviously you cant drive it like that on city roads etc)

These are just my thoughts though zee , i would go have a look at it if i were you :)

Spot on hun, these are the sort o' things im after.

The 318 bhp figure and the the speed limitation got me also, i think thats a bit strange. might ring up dastek and see if they can tell me owt about it. May remember it as im guessing thats a strange request(?) to limit the speed as such. If its genuine i guess a remaps in order... :(

Was gonna e-mail him about the MOT bit, but i'll add the others also!

Not really a big loss as theres not much time left b4 it ends, so i can always view it at a later date.

Almost forgot about ken running without any brakes, lol :D, i'll keep that in mind though!

Cheers for the feeback :thumbsup:

-Z

Just buy Rashs rev 3 bro.. serious.. you dont want to miss out on it.. :huh:

Thats got a good spec on it, probably wouldnt know its a rev one with all that work done !, and with the suspension changed, alot of the handeling faults will have gone !

Fizz: I would bro but i've got approx 2G in cash atm, so could really get this rev1 now.

But that one Rash is selling (the black one right?) is a total minter and i'd love it but it aint a t-bar is it?

bound: my thoughts exactly pal ;)

-Z

Looks a really nice car and nice spec too.

Don't know why you all worry so much about rev 1's,

with the handling sorted they are every bit as good as rev 2's or 3's

Mine only has lowering springs on standard shocks and i can take the p**s out of many fwd cars,

it hasn't even got power steering but after driving Jims (with it) i'm glad it hasn't!

I'd buy it if i had the cash and i'd pay the buy it now price too to make sure i didn't miss out... :thumbsup:

My reason for gettin a rev3 was due to the stock engine specs really. plus a MAP sensor is favourable over the afm for cheap(ish) mods.

But if the power figure is true then the car is what i'd want it to end up at. the 300 margin.

I guess i wouldnt really lose for 2G, as it can be sold on again...

And Rico you spot on about the PS, we don't need that fancy malarky do we :)

-Z

that wud be a beast if it was 318bhp, but it wud need to hav larger injectors and fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator to cope with that power. rev 1/2s can only go up to 300bhp without doin that. im sure the bhp wud be pretty high tho with those mods. cant understand y he wud hav his ecu set to limit him to 130mph. dunno y ppl always say rev 1s are so bad handling??

Mines a rev1, seams like its on rails to me compared to driving my mates fiesta Turbo !!! :lol: haha :thumbsup:

Would the forged pistons and modified turbo not help attain the greater power, along with the intercooler etc?

It's not that the rev 1's are bad at handling, its that the later rev's are "easier" if thats the word to handle and the require a lower skill of driver. Not degrading anyone at all here by saying that. I'll be the first to admit that i can't control the rev1 like i'd want to!

I found this out when i whent round the nurburg with fizz. I spose tyres, brakes etc played a part but on going round the fizzster defo's had more leway before the car tookover!

-Z

Would the forged pistons and modified turbo not help attain the greater power, along with the intercooler etc?

It's not that the rev 1's are bad at handling, its that the later rev's are "easier" if thats the word to handle and the require a lower skill of driver. Not degrading anyone at all here by saying that. I'll be the first to admit that i can't control the rev1 like i'd want to!

I found this out when i whent round the nurburg with fizz. I spose tyres, brakes etc played a part but on going round the fizzster defo's had more leway before the car tookover!

-Z

The forgies will let you run more power without distroying the pistons

Steel bottom end lets you run more power without it bending....

The intercooler will let you run more power at lower boost levels, and decrease charge temps (also safer)

and the turbo would too. (if bigger will create more power at lower boost, more air forced in !!)

But besides all that, if you cant get the fuel in (correct air / fuel mixture !) whats the point, all of that would be over kill for no reason.

If the injectors and fuel pump were upgraded, it could prob be mapped to more bhp, but rev ones are kinda restricted to 300hp on stock injectors ! :thumbsup:

Ah got is mate, it all makes sense. Shoulda really thought it through before but basically strenghtning the block to allow for more power. And then to fully utilise it u'd need larger injectors!

So it may be possible to run 318 or there abouts or is that a blatant lie?

-Z

Yeah, so it sounds like he has a bulit proff block and internals now, READY for more power

If the injectors were changed and a bigger fuel pump used, and a pressure regulator you could probably run over 300 hp easy on that setup !,

But it may well be at the 300 ish bhp mark, but rev1 injectors will strugle OVER that, and you dont want to risk under fueling !

Whats the matter if its a rev 1, sound slike most of the 'rev 1' parts have been removed any ways for upgrades !!

About most of the parts being changed... Yep thats why I did/am considering it. Stuff like the AFM i'm not really bothered about now as the greater power is already there or as you've told me with larger injectors it's attainable.

I kinda caught the auction late and have e-mailed the seller buy no reply :(

Wigan's not really that far so going to look at it then to take it for a test spin aint really a problem!

The cash is burning a hole in my sodding bank right now, aaaarghhh!!! :arrgg-matey:

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links