Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed Cameras Dangerous Apparently

PaulT

Story here.

There is a govt halt on putting up more cameras while a study is being conducted ... and a leak says that areas with more cameras have had bigger increases in fatalities.

Paul.

There was a tv programme on a few weeks ago about the speed cameras being more of a hazard than anything else, and from the points they made i actually agreed with them! There are too many in the wrong places and not enough in the right ones!

I've always thought that, and police cars.

Sometimes you end up paying more attention to lookout for these things than paying attention to the road, or on your speedo to maintain speed.

I've known people get done for going 2 miles aobve the limit, so either you driver slower or try and stick to it, no good!

-Z

If the genuinely save lives then I'm all for them....

It just seems that 99% of them are police piggy banks though and I dont agree with that at all.

They're bound to be more hazardous - what do you do when you see one - you brake! :rolleyes:

PS - pmsl at "other news!" lol

on the dual carrage way near where i work they have 5 speed cameres in the space of 4 miles. and the speed is 50mph for some reason. and they still have mobile speed traps on it as well.

I really believe the cameras to be useless.

If someone is going to speed, they're going to speed. And the only place where they actually 'do' observe the speed limit, is the 20 or so feet between the start and end markers at the speed cameras.

If anything, the 20 feet after the camera is more dangerous than anywhere, because the majority of people speed back up in that section.

If the genuinely save lives then I'm all for them....

It just seems that 99% of them are police piggy banks though and I dont agree with that at all.

They're bound to be more hazardous - what do you do when you see one - you brake!  :rolleyes:

Yeah, thats what I think too, by all means have them every 10 feet outside schools or something but they seem to be cropping up places where the speed limit is unrealistically low & they know people are going to get caught. The whole idea should be to save lives, not get more money off driver's who are generally very careful

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links