Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Road Charging Calculator

mikeb

Download the spreadsheet here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/youandyours/it...05_27_mon.shtml

and put your journey details into it. The results are horrendous. :o

I travel 25 miles to work on uncongested mway (less than 1/2 and hour). This calculator comes up with over £30 for a 46 mile round trip!

Four weeks of this comes in at £632 . :eek: This is on top of road fund licence and petrol costs. Currently it costs me about £120 per month in petrol.

They're completely insane, if they bring this in. Everyone will be off the Mways and taking winding little country roads, or driving through urban areas.

I truly believe that this plan will never come in. I reckon it's a sort of 'sour' option they're flaunting so that people will dislike it so much, that whatever the government offer as an alternative will become appealing.

My bets are the alternative they offer will be an increase in road tax. :censor:

And on a similar note, ID cards. Pretty soon we'll be needing permission to take a crap, and we'll be charged by the kilo for that as well.....

The labour party have been reading far too much Orwell. I'm suprised petrol prices haven't risen because of the war with Eurasia....

I prefer the third alternative, -To all those that did last time...Don't vote Labour again :thumbsup:

From my working out - even my 5 mile journey to work each day will end up costing me an extra £50/year - Not a large amount I know, but I don't go on motorways etc - I thought it was supposed to be cheaper for low users???

£914 for the 4 weeks. I don't get paid much more than this and the miles are unavoidable (trust me I'd love to work closer to home).

If this came in I would have to quit work as I couldn't afford to actually work and it would be cheaper to live off my credit card! (ie I wouldn't get in debt as quickly).

I reckon if this did get in, there would be an explosion in the numbers of unemployed as many people simply would not be able to afford to travel to work. Obviously the government would tell people to move closer to where they work, like that is such an easy thing for everyone to do isn't it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links