Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Know How This Works?

Roytoner

LOL i was looking at that today aswell :)

I doesn't say thats it's a genuine TRD tho :(

Hrm...

Oi Jim i think, or rather i KNOW, that you NEED this...

Get it bought and fitted fella!

-Z

Hrm...

-Z

-Z What the HELL Doe's the :censor: thing DO!!

I'm guessing that it's to stabilize (spelling) the current from the Battery.. so in theory it would make the electrics more stable in the car.. my guess :wakco:

It's described as a 'voltage stabilizer' but if all it does is connect across the alternator, or Battery, it's not going to do much at all.

The alternator already has a voltage regulator built in... and the Battery usually does a good job of holding the system voltage to approx. 12V.

A set of ground wires might be a better idea.

Hrm...

-Z

-Z What the HELL Doe's the :censor: thing DO!!

From the description just "stabilize voltage"... bout as clear as mud that...

Erm, i *think* that it could help evenly distribute the power when you've got a lot of electrics running.

Thinking of the scenario where you open the door with the radio on, lights on etc, and the lights dim ever so slightly?...

Then again taht could probs be rectified with a higher capacity battery/newer Battery...

I think thats the light dimming scenario, can't really rem as im so used to it now. Doesn't really dim them that much, just barely noticible!

-Z

Yeah I used to have one of these things (i think) made by a different company and it did actually work :huh: it was supposed to cut out usage of the alternator or something when it wasn't necessary and then to give a burst of voltage again when and if necessary :wacko:

The box I had used to check when 75% power had been put down then would do its thing (at which point the headlights would dim a fraction) which amazingly gave extra power due to the non running alternator.

TBH I wouldn't bother with one again though as in the end my Battery started running low as I think sommat somewhere was out of whack in the box.

Don't totally trust the thing as I don't really understand the techy stuff at all but it did do sommat. :yes:

Erm, i *think* that it could help evenly distribute the power when you've got a lot of electrics running.

Thinking of the scenario where you open the door with the radio on, lights on etc, and the lights dim ever so slightly?...

Then again taht could probs be rectified with a higher capacity battery/newer battery...

I think thats the light dimming scenario, can't really rem as im so used to it now. Doesn't really dim them that much, just barely noticible!

-Z

Sorry that one as gone SOOOOOO Far Over My Head :wacko:

Think It's getting up at 4 am forwork :P

Then again taht could probs be rectified with a higher capacity battery/newer battery...

-Z

yeah I've heard the more electrics you got running the better this thing works but I dunno - spooky magic box :blink:

yeah I've heard the more electrics you got running the better this thing works but I dunno - spooky magic box :blink:

Yep, EXACTLY what i said... :rolleyes: lol

Getting up at 4am... wow im just going to bed and your getting up...

Thank god i'm not working anymore, I LOVE my lie ins :D

-Z

Yep, EXACTLY what i said... :rolleyes: lol

Getting up at 4am... wow im just going to bed and your getting up...

Thank god i'm not working anymore, I LOVE my lie ins :D

-Z

What you mean not working anymore?? B)

If only!! :drool:

Edited by Christine & Paul

Yep, EXACTLY what i said...  lol

yeah, hehe, was agreeing with that bit but kinda quoted your whole post :D ...doh

Yeah I used to have one of these things (i think) made by a different company and it did actually work :huh:  it was supposed to cut out usage of the alternator or something when it wasn't necessary and then to give a burst of voltage again when and if necessary  :wacko:

The box I had used to check when 75% power had been put down then would do its thing (at which point the headlights would dim a fraction) which amazingly gave extra power due to the non running alternator.

TBH I wouldn't bother with one again though as in the end my battery started running low as I think sommat somewhere was out of whack in the box.

Don't totally trust the thing as I don't really understand the techy stuff at all but it did do sommat. :yes:

The thing u had was probably the altapower box that cut the alternator out when the car revs past 5000rpm or so (when the alternator actually slows things down).

I think lol

"Quote:

Also, if anybody's intrested im selling an Alterpower.

Not many people know what it is,

Its a unit that cuts off the Alternator to give between 5-10bhp,

Works best on cars with smaller less powerful engines, don't worry it won't kill yer Battery, when the Battery gets fully charged it cuts out the alternator, giving power, but when the Battery gets to a certain level (Not dead ) it llets the alternator back on.

Its never been used, i don't want it coz i don't think it will do much kop on my car so if your intrested let me know.

It fits any car, comes with full fitting instructions, never used.

50 quid, or offers, paid 100 notes for it, so its a bargain.

"

Yep, EXACTLY what i said...  lol

yeah, hehe, was agreeing with that bit but kinda quoted your whole post :D ...doh

I didnt mean it in a bad way pal!

Guess it came across wrong. Was more of a thats what i meant to say sort of thing... Erm, what you said was what i was supposed to say...

Rite now i've confused myself... TAXI!!

Paul: I had a year of 9-5 as part of my uni course. Now i've finished it and back to the leisurely life of a student for the nxt 3 yrs or so B)

Woo-hoo!!!

On topic again...

This sort of device would I be correct in assuming that it would benefit more "modern" cars than our older gen vehicles. i.e. those that have greater bearing on electrical do-hickery? Such as vvti, or vtec.

And also the gains are most likely minimal but smoother running can only be a good thing right? :unsure:

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links