Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

About To Buy Some New Rear Tyres

CraigT

About to buy some rears for the car and have been told that Toyo T1S are possibly the way to go.

Problem is, cash is a bit of an issue at the moment so I cant go nuts.

Cany anyone give me a rough idea of how much I could expect to pay for 2 17"s at a local garage??

At the moment I cant go over £100 per tyre, so if there is anything you can recomment around that price mark that would be great :thumbsup:

About to buy some rears for the car and have been told that Toyo T1S are possibly the way to go.

Cany anyone give me a rough idea of how much I could expect to pay for 2 17"s at a local garage??

At the moment I cant go over £100 per tyre, so if there is anything you can recomment around that price mark that would be great  :thumbsup:

if the toyot t1s are arount the £100 mark, i would get them, my mate has them on his golf and they stick to the road like glue and especially in the wet, go for them :thumbsup:

i would have thought every car owner would have this site bookmarked

MyTyres

At the moment I cant go over £100 per tyre, so if there is anything you can recomment around that price mark that would be great   :thumbsup:

if the toyot t1s are arount the £100 mark, i would get them, my mate has them on his golf and they stick to the road like glue and especially in the wet, go for them :thumbsup:

I need some new rear tyres too. Does anyone know what the difference is between Toyo T1R and T1S?

the t1-r are reinforced...must be reinforced a great amount as the about 60p more a tyre. so watch your budget if you buy 4 that could be a pint of stella........

Completely redesigned tread pattern too.

T1-Rs are better.

Very good tyre, but quite soft too, so expect to get through them quicker than a Goodyear Eagle GSD3...

the t1-r are reinforced...must be reinforced a great amount as the about 60p more a tyre. so watch your budget if you buy 4 that could be a pint of stella........

T1-r

tr1.jpg

T1-s

toyo_t1s.jpg

Not ALL T1-r's are reinforced, but you will find that from 45 series profile down, most of them will be.. but not all. e.g Renault megane tyres are reinforced as standard no matter what make, so Toyo do a reinforced tyre for it.. they also do non reinforced tyres in the same size.

Hmmm stopped by a garage today and asked if he could order toyo's, he phoned 2 numbers and then said "no cant get em sorry" - nice effort!

I currently have some sort of Michelins on the rear, god knows what type as they came with the alloys (second hand) - are michelin any good? It seems to have taken 2 years (the length of time Ive owned the car) to wear them from full tread to erm....not much tread at all :/

Generally Michelins are the hardest wearing tyres, but the harder the compound the less grip you will get, the softer the compound the more grip you will get.. and obviously softer compounds tend to wear out quicker. So it depends what you want from your tyres.. good mileage or better grip.

Having said that.. every car is different, and what is good on one car might not be good on another (even two identicle cars), and YOU might get better grip/miles on different tyres to anyone else.

It's a personal preferance at the end of the day.. if you are happy with the performance/milege and price of the tyres you are currently useing, stick to them.. if you want to try another brand, i personally would go for Toyo's... excellent grip and good mileage IMHO.

If you went Gold for £25... you could get them for £160.04 with a discount set up.

That price is delivered... 2x Toyo Proxes T1-R 235/40/17.

You're under your £200 for the pair even with the cost of Gold membership... and then you get all the other discounts for the year... whilst supporting the club!

You know it makes sense. ;) :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links