Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Anyone Done A Clutch Change Themselves?

T-Bar_Steve

Just wondering how hard it was to do by urself using the means of a jack and axle stands?can u just drop the one side of the engine to get to the clutch and do u need any special tools i.e to split the gearbox etc?also a rough idea of how long the change would take?Any more information to help me would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve

i wouldnt even bother if i was you, just get someone to do it, its a ball ache, i went through 4 garages before i found one that would do it simply coz of the fact its a mr2, too many man hours thats what they said, they can do 2 normal cars in the time of a mr2

I've done several of these now and find it easier to have the engine out - it takes about a day either way but its less painfull with the engine out!!

I've heard of one chap doing it on his drive in 4 hrs but he had 15 years of experience being a mechanic under his belt.... and i'm sure he was bending the truth a bit!

Matt.

These calls of it taking a day are a little exaggerated...I dropped mine off at a clutch centre at 9am and had it back at 1pm...bought the blueprint clutch for around £85 then paid £140 for it to be fitted...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links