Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flexible Bit Of Exhaust

mikeforrester

The flexible bellows bit between the manifolds and the main exhaust pipe. Its broken off where it slips over at the front. (And it looks to be cracking at its rear end too.)

Before I disassemble all the heatshields and stuff...

Is the bellows bit available on its own - where (in the UK) ?

Or, do I need to replace the entire manifolds ?

Or, should I get jiggy with the MIG welder and botch it ?

--

Mike

Pretty sure they are main dealer only :(

http://www.catalogue.bosal.com/pages/exh_s...OTA&model=Camry

I have tried welding (TIG/MIG,Brazing) the flexi's in the past with little success - the only other option is to get some flexi pipe (not the braided type) and weld it in place of the braided type.

:thumbsup:

I have tried welding (TIG/MIG,Brazing) the flexi's in the past with little success - the only other option is to get some flexi pipe (not the braided type) and weld it in place of the braided type.

Thanks Mick,

Useful exploded diagram at Bosal.

Yeah, I suspected it would have to be the whole assembly, down-pipes to flange by cat. After further crawling underneath and removing bits of heat-sheild, it:

a) looks like an awkward !Removed! to weld up properly.

b) the other end of the one that is broken has major cracking, so it won't be long before it breaks as well, and the other shorter bellows also shows a fair bit of corrosion.

So I've just spoken with local Kwik-Fit, who will fit new part tomorrow, 200-and-some quid...

--

Mike

Mike,

Just be carefull that K****- Fit dont hit you for "oh - it's got 3 broken studs on the manifold - that will be £20 per stud to fix"

:o

• 7 months later...

Mike,

Just be carefull that K****- Fit dont hit you for "oh - it's got 3 broken studs on the manifold - that will be £20 per stud to fix"

:o

Bit late but I got a replacement downpipe for £112 + VAT from here 12 months ago - http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/front_pipe_dis...&txtmake=TOYOTA

Gone up a bit now but they have many Camry parts available

• 1 year later...

Hi I've joined the forum because I have this exact problem at the moment. The flexi needs replacing on my 3.0 V6 Camry and I want to be sure the garages are being honest with me and not tying to rip me off.

First question: do you need to replace both of them? (apparently there are 2)

Second question: can you replace only the flexi's without replacing the whole down pipe/front pipe?

Third question: If Q2 is possible then is 150 quoted reasonable for a garage to do the job?

Any input would be appreciated, I just don't want to be ripped off because I really can't afford it!

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links