Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mp3 Player

Kev Mc

Time for me to get an MP3 player but I havent got a clue what 1 to get. I basically need 1 thats easy to use and can be set up in my car so that the tunes can play through my Speakers. It also needs to have at least 1.5GB of memory. I'm looking at maybe getting an iPod mini 4gb but am open to any advice if any1 would be kind enough pass on some pearls of wisdom

Kev

What about an 6 or 10 disc mp3 cd auto changer? wired up to an fm modulator to get the sound through your original Speakers... sound quality isn't as bad as other people have made out.

Just another option for you, instead of ipod etc.

ive got a sony hd5 rigged up in mine :D

special line out setting for working with a car stereo so the volume control doesnt get messed up!

just dont forget to switch it back when using the ear plugs :wacko:

What about an 6 or 10 disc  mp3 cd auto changer? wired up to an fm modulator to get the sound through your original speakers... sound quality isn't as bad as other people have made out.

Just another option for you, instead of ipod etc.

I was thinking about doing that but I dont like the idea of trying to put all my tunes onto neat CDs, atm they're all just stuck in a folder & I can just go through them whenever I feel like it.

My 10 disc holds about 80 albums worth at one time..more than enough.. just depends the size of your files and how many you can fit onto a disc

Time for me to get an MP3 player but I havent got a clue what 1 to get. I basically need 1 thats easy to use and can be set up in my car so that the tunes can play through my speakers. It also needs to have at least 1.5GB of memory. I'm looking at maybe getting an iPod mini 4gb but am open to any advice if any1 would be kind enough pass on some pearls of wisdom

Kev

Well you could get the ipod or one of the little creative MP3 Players, I've got a Creative Muvo Nomad 2 (4Gb), if you got one of those or the ipod you would need a stereo with some kind of line-in port or a tape player, then you can just use one of those cassette jobbies that people used to hook up personal CD players to their car stereo.

Time for me to get an MP3 player but I havent got a clue what 1 to get. I basically need 1 thats easy to use and can be set up in my car so that the tunes can play through my speakers. It also needs to have at least 1.5GB of memory. I'm looking at maybe getting an iPod mini 4gb but am open to any advice if any1 would be kind enough pass on some pearls of wisdom

Kev

Well you could get the ipod or one of the little creative MP3 Players, I've got a Creative Muvo Nomad 2 (4Gb), if you got one of those or the ipod you would need a stereo with some kind of line-in port or a tape player, then you can just use one of those cassette jobbies that people used to hook up personal CD players to their car stereo.

Yeah, I'm not sure if my cassette player actually works, never tested it but I'm going to put it in to get all the Speakers etc sorted soon so if it doesnt I'll get it fixed & buy 1 of those tape things.

I dont like the idea of buying an ipod just because its the only 1 I've really heard of so I'm just after some recommendations really, whether every1 says "get an ipod" or "no, get 1 of these, they're better" I dont really mind.

Also, does any1 know what the differences are between the ipod & ipod mini? I know the amount of memory is different & the mini hasnt got a colour screen but is that it? Is the mini as easy to use?

Nahh - Ipods are cool - get an FM transmiter & your sorted mate...

i'm also looking for one but i need at LEAST 30gb

J

• 2 weeks later...
My 10 disc holds about 80 albums worth at one time..more than enough..  just depends the size of your files and how many you can fit onto a disc

How much was that if you dont mind me asking, Davy? It looks like that's what I'm going to get. I've got an an Alpine cd player where the coin slot used to be, would it be possible to use that or would I have to get something else?

I've got an fm modulator connect to the standard radio.. it connects via the ariel, so should connect to your excisting HU. All you do is tune the multichanger to an fm radio station via the HU (mine is 83.3) and instead of a radio station, you get your mp3 changer.

Mine cost me in the region of 300 quid,, but i suspect they will be a lot cheaper now.

33198.JPG

after a quick google

Also, does any1 know what the differences are between the ipod & ipod mini? I know the amount of memory is different & the mini hasnt got a colour screen but is that it? Is the mini as easy to use?

The only noticable differnece is the size, almost everything else is the same as far as I'm aware. Obviously the shuffle is another creature altogether.

My opinion is that if you are considering a mini, pay the extra money and get the 20GB iPod, seeing as these things double up as removeable hard drives, the extra space can come in handy if you ever need to carry lots of data around.

I have the Dension ICE>Link which connects my iPod into the CD multichanger port on my headunit. My iPod appears as a multichanger and can be controled from the headunit controls, far less hassle than the FM transmitter things IMO.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links