Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Funny, Daft Threads

gordypix

We have a section on TOC called GENERAL DISCUSSIONS where in "general" anything within reasonable reason goes - It doesn't have to be car related as we have specific sections for many Car subjects.................You all should know where they are located.

Sometimes TOC members post daft threads which upon reflection make absolutely NO sense to Some members and to others they bring a smile and a chuckle.................. :yes:

From a Moderators (MY) point of view - I WILL NOT Delete a thread just because it is pointless or accused of being Pointless........

An example of a SEEMINGLY Pointless thread:

Breathing Thread

Why haven't I deleted it as I know at least one person wishes to happen..........?

Because it is not a malicious thread :thumbsup:

It is NOT a Pointless thread :thumbsup: - It serves to brighten peoples day. If just one slightly daft thread can make a person smile then that is a good thing.

You may have had a hard, stressful day at work and then happen upon this crazy thread - If It makes you smile and takes your mind off the stress for even just a moment - then that has got to be good........ :yes:

OK - NOT all threads will survive BUT each one will be judged on it's merit.

ONE thing I ask of you all - And this is a fair comment to make -

PLEASE, IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH A THREAD OR A POST WITHIN A THREAD, REPORT IT TO A MODERATOR USING THE 'REPORT A POST' BUTTON.

IT WILL THEN BE BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY IN THE THREAD WITH NEGATIVE OR EVEN SLIGHTLY DEROGATORY COMMENTS - THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR THAT.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

well said lad :)

Forums are easy things to work...

If the title reads as something you probably wont like - dont click it..

and if you read a post you dont like, make a note to yourself, and guess what, dont click it again...

Its funny, but some people post more to complain about threads than anything else...

Thanks for clearing that up Gordy......

Just because certain people dont like funny posts does not mean they should be removed - I was highly amused with Les' breathing thread and if I wanna do a poll about whether people prefer tea or coffee then I will!

Coming soon:

Digestives or Rich Tea

Brand or Own-brand

Pepsi or Coca-Cola :lol::lol: (actually that ones been done already! lol)

DA, I can entertain myself by giving you sarcastic replies (no malice intended) thus making a dull thread funny, if you get my drift. Plus I get a chance to practice my one liner’s!

In fact the pointless threads seem to be more entertaining (from the replies, not the original post so don’t ‘big’ yourself up) so more the merrier (to a degree)

:huh:

Gordy - were you a hippy?

PEACE MAnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Thank you Gordy!

Very glad to read that :) the polls always make me smile and it's good to see what other people's "views" are on things too.

DA, I can entertain myself by giving you sarcastic replies (no malice intended) thus making a dull thread funny, if you get my drift. Plus I get a chance  to practice my one liner’s!

In fact the pointless threads seem to be more entertaining (from the replies, not the original post so don’t ‘big’ yourself up) so more the merrier (to a degree)

:huh:

but your replies were neither funny or entertaining - infact, i would say a root canal is more entertaining than your attempts at cynical humour...

:P

but your replies were neither funny or entertaining -

I did say entertain myself ... You wasn't mentioned!

:thumbsup:

even so - go for a root canal - i think even you will find it more entertaining ;)

heres to pointless threads!  :beer:

-Z

I'll drink to that for the reasons Gordy mentioned, BOTTOMS UP!!!

I'm all for stupid posts, even if I do get confused by the odd 1 or 2 (see Giddlepin's "What Do You Prefer" post). Cant really add anything else, Gordy summed it up in the opening post, I completely agree with everything said in that 1st post

Surely as a large forum with X number of users there should be no reason to delete any posts (within reason and guidelines of course)...

It's all to easy for a forum to become 'over-moderated' which will then start making people think why do I bother !!

So far TOC has had a happy balance with few posts being removed and people asking why !!!

Please lets not let TOC go down the route of other unmentioned forums where over moderation has led to the forum becoming a dull and quickly a quiet place to be :D :D :D

Agree with the above.

I'm a member of several bikes forums, and have seen the above happen before - moderators almost power crazy (Not that any of TOC's mods would do that I'm sure ;) ), and then numbers dwindle, and it becomes something that resembles an online ghost town...

GORD! theres nothing wrong with a bit of fun....... i think of toc as a fun place, i'd like it to stay that way :)

That's Right Captain Sparrow - Just what we are trying to get across - :thumbsup:

Surely as a large forum with X number of users there should be no reason to delete any posts (within reason and guidelines of course)...

It's all to easy for a forum to become 'over-moderated' which will then start making people think why do I bother !!

So far TOC has had a happy balance with few posts being removed and people asking why !!!

Please lets not let TOC go down the route of other unmentioned forums where over moderation has led to the forum becoming a dull and quickly a quiet place to be :D :D :D

Yeah, I agree, I think the only reason to generally close a post (there will always be exceptions, thats where common sense comes into it) is if people start offending other people etc

and whats more fun than a happy pirate eh?

As long as you are not having a Jolly rodgering :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links