Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Us Irish

CAMSHAFT

now this is not a dig at gordy (cause i found the joke funny) or anyone else for that matter and i`m not angry just wondering really. i`ve have being here awhile and now TBH i find them funny aswell but do people in the UK find us Irish to be how shall i say it Dumb. just cause it seems to be a lot of joke that kinda have the Irish as the but of the joke, i`m just wondering??????

I think its just an old stereotype isnt it?

Like the scots all like a drink and the english are all toffy nose tea drinkers

And all scousers are thieves and all geordies are thugs

its just nonsense - wouldnt take note of it if i were you :P

As we can’t say a word about Black’s or Asians I’m afraid the Irish is all that is historically left.

I don’t see the Irish as dumb as you put it, but what else can anyone say at the beginning of a joke:

“There was an Englishman, Scotsman and someone who we can’t mention due to EU law and for fear of being arrested and put in prison..............”

Kind of spoils the punch lines as well... Imagine the joke;

...someone who we can’t mention due to EU law and for fear of being arrested and put in prison then said...

“I wasn’t talking to you, I was talking to the pig”

Doesn’t quite work does it?

:D

as everyone else said! Its just a really old thing! :thumbsup:

We could try putting american in there though! We cant get arrested for that! :lol:

classic:

An English man and an Irish man are driving head on , at night, on a twisty, dark road. Both are driving to fast for the conditions and collide on a sharp bend in the road. To the amazement of both, they are unscathed, though their cars are both destroyed. In celebration of their luck, both agree to put aside their dislike for the other from that moment on. At this point, the Irish man goes to the boot and fetches a 12 year old bottle of Jameson whiskey. He hands the bottle to the English man, whom exclaims,'' may the English and the Irish live together forever, in peace, and harmony.'' The English man then tips the bottle and lashes half of it down. Still flabbergasted over the whole thing, he goes to hand the bottle to the Irish man, whom replies: '' no thanks, I'll just wait till the Garda get here!''

I think its just an old stereotype isnt it?

Like the scots all like a drink and the english are all toffy nose tea drinkers

And all scousers are thieves and all geordies are thugs

its just nonsense - wouldnt take note of it if i were you :P

agree just an age old stereotype

just like north and south

northerners - 90hour weeks down t' pit, 10 pints, beat up the wife, and chomp on a mixture of blood and fat and refer to it as 'cuisine'

southeners - cravat wearing, croisant eating, pansys, 'what ho!'

(possibly true)

the welsh sh..... love their wooley friends

everyone from cornwall is a farmer, ooh arr...

everyone from birmingham area is a slack jawed moron

regardless where your from or background there will be some form of 'tounge in cheek' humour

:lol::thumbsup: I liked the bit about Birmingham :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My Fiancee is Northern Irish (just outside Belfast) and i get slapped all the time for trying to copy her accent!?!? :D

I don't think the Irish are stupid at all.. after all, it was the Irish that invented the toilet seat.

Ok.. we put the hole it.. but still.. they aint stupid. :lol:

Yeah, dont worry about it, if it isnt Irish people its blondes, David Beckham or the next celebrity who seems a bit dim. Doesnt mean anything, just supposed to make people laugh. If all the stereotypes were true there's no way I'd live in Liverpool, what with all this robbing that goes on

Heres a scouse joke off the top of my head:

Why does the River Mersey run though Liverpool?

Because if it walked it would be mugged

Oh yeah, & here's an Irish 1:

An Irishman walks into a pub & orders 3 pints of Guinness & sits there sipping each 1 in turn, the barman goes upto him & says "It's nothing to do with me but wouldn't it be better if you got single pints of Guinness? That way you'd drink each 1 quicker so they'd be cooler & less flat when you finished", the man replied "No, I see your point but me & my 2 brothers used to drink Guinness together every Friday night, now that we dont see each other very often we all do this and remember the times we spent together", the barman says "oh, I see, that's a good idea" & leaves him to it.

Months pass & every Friday the Irishman walks into the pub & sits there, keeping himself to himself, drinking 3 seperate pints of Guinness as he did the 1st time. The locals respect him for this & he becomes a well-liked customer of the pub.

1 Friday he walks into the pub, sits down, but this time only orders 2 pints of Guinness, the pub goes silent & all the locals really feel for him, the barman says "because of your recent loss, please allow these to be on the house", the Irishman looks back at him, puzzled for a moment then bursts into fits of laughter, the locals look at each other, confused, the Irishman explains "oh no, I havent lost anybody, I've just given up drinking"

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links