Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Been Busy Today

houston

090820052sy.jpg090820050016fk.jpg

090820050027hx.jpg

and a set of infinitis in the doors! was expectin it to take all day and cause me loads of headaches, but less than 2 hours and im still in a good mood!!!!

cant wait till its bed in and i can turn the amp up somemore!!!!

looks good mate, ive only got two 6inch in the front and two 6x9s in the rear n thats loud enough for me...but could do with the extra bass, can imagine that is wicked sound quality u will have!

will an amp make alot of difference to my set up? i know nothing about sound systems!

ive just removed my 6x9s from the little cubby boxes, thought it was loud then but this is a HELLLUVA lot better!

an amp will always make better sound than your head unit if your Speakers are up to the challenge and they are properly secured. if you could seal up the cubby boxes or build some small boxes, then you could get 6x9s to give off quite a bit of bass

ps ive only got 5s in the doors but they are very powerfull and outperformed a set of kenwood 6 1/2s i had ready to go in.

AAARGH! was out showing off to my dad and noticed that theres a buxxing coming through the Speakers when engines revving! gonna try giving the amp a better earth once its stopped raining!

does the amp fit well under the seat? im working on fitting mine in a 'stealth' manner and it seemed a little too low?

does the amp fit well under the seat? im working on fitting mine in a 'stealth' manner and it seemed a little too low?

Thought that, tried to fit ours there on Sunday seat wouldn't move :crybaby:

built the box myself, however i did balls it up, measured 20' across but forgot about width of the wood!

with the amp under there its touching the seat and it wont go all the way back, but the sub box restricts it more so im not bothered, is REALLY easy to wire everything under the carpet when the amp is there, with seat in place theres no way youd guess its under there.

paul, try fitting your amp at opposite angle, i test fitted mine with wires at front and dials at back but it did restrict the seat badly

built the box myself, however i did balls it up, measured 20' across but forgot about width of the wood!

with the amp under there its touching the seat and it wont go all the way back, but the sub box restricts it more so im not bothered, is REALLY easy to wire everything under the carpet when the amp is there, with seat in place theres no way youd guess its under there.

paul, try fitting your amp at opposite angle, i test fitted mine with wires at front and dials at back but it did restrict the seat badly

Ta will have a play :yes:

Looks good. Classy install. Unobtrusive. But all that weight..... It`d give me nightmares. :D :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks good houston, might req a ground loop isolator to stop the buzzing, or a supressor mate !

Cant be bothered with a big stereo in my 2, the standard one aint that bad with a good head unit, and its extra weight !

Looks good houston, might req a ground loop isolator to stop the buzzing, or a supressor mate !

Cant be bothered with a big stereo in my 2, the standard one aint that bad with a good head unit, and its extra weight !

ive checked the earth and its fine so im thinkin i'll have to try one of these, thing is ive never used one before, is it straight plug and play or are they to be adjusted?

seems to be gettin louder as well which makes me think maybe the phono leads are gettin cut into somewhere

been lookin into these isolater things and it seems to me that the interferance is coming from the standard amp, but ive ran all new wiring so there shouldnt be any power goin to it, gonna try pullin harnesses out of them and see if it solves anything. but why does it have to rain!!!!

seems to be gettin louder as well which makes me think maybe the phono leads are gettin cut into somewhere

This sometimes happens to mine too, i can put my hand in behind the stereo and move the phono leads till it stops. I think the live for the amp is too close to them and causing the buzzing...

Looks good, iv mounted my amp in the front compartment sat ontop of the spare wheel on a bit of mdf.

The buzzing, might be caused because you have run your RCA cables and Live lead side by side. ? Its always a good idea to keep them apart for less interference.

A mate of mine has done an amazing looking install with the subs behind the seats, looks great n sounds wikid too..... the boxes fit perfectly upon the little ledges... Amp is sat under the bonnet on top of spare wheel...

I soooo need to do something like this when I get my audio sorted :P

Make sure the power and phonos are not together or touching or crossing.

Ground loop isolators just plug in, dont think you have to adjust? (not 100%) But make sure you have no obvious ground loops, try and earth everything to the same place !

Supressors are nore for alternator interferancem but can help !

i think it is an alternator issue as its whining more as the revs lift.

are all isolators the same?

• 4 weeks later...

i never sorted it! but i was told that maybe if id earthed it straight to the Battery then it wouldnt pick up interferance

Good job buddy :thumbsup: Now thats what i need to do. I'm still running standard head unit and Speakers. Speakers are fried and popping. Thats on my list to do when i get the spare cash :thumbsup:

jerry!!

and now that its done its goin with the car! but now with the 306 i have lots of room to play with, and her footing half the bill, god bless her!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links